Camera Zoom - Now Usable!

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
So I looked at Camera Zoom a while ago when it first came out. Reviews were not great so I did not bother. I looked today at my Top 25 to see that it is 2nd top Paid and costs .99cents. Reviews are up to 4/5 stars so I figured what the hell.

Let me tell you, I guess with the 3MP camera they were able to improve the app. It Zooms now and after taking the picture, cleans it up a bit. The ability to touch the screen to focus remains intact in the zoom and works just as well as when fully zoomed out.

For 99cents I would definitely recommend this app to enable you camera to now Zoom.

NOTE: No video zoom support.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
So I looked at Camera Zoom a while ago when it first came out. Reviews were not great so I did not bother. I looked today at my Top 25 to see that it is 2nd top Paid and costs .99cents. Reviews are up to 4/5 stars so I figured what the hell.

Let me tell you, I guess with the 3MP camera they were able to improve the app. It Zooms now and after taking the picture, cleans it up a bit. The ability to touch the screen to focus remains intact in the zoom and works just as well as when fully zoomed out.

For 99cents I would definitely recommend this app to enable you camera to now Zoom.

NOTE: No video zoom support.
Thanks for the info! I wonder how it would look on the iPhone 3G's 2 megapixel camera. I assume under good lighting it might not pixelate it too much...

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I don't like these zoom applications!

1. You need a very steady hand
2. You need good light conditions
3. It's better to take a normal picture, and then zoom in..

...just my thoughts ;)

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
I'd love to hear some different opinions on this subject. I go back and forth and can't make up my mind whether Camera Zoom is better, or it is just better to crop after the fact.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I just got it, pretty good heres is the first picture I took using it fully zoomed in and that lamp is the only light that was turned on in the room.

Last edited by a moderator: