CameraPro Help...

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
I'm having trouble with my camerapro app. I'm running 1.1.3 w/ Dev team JB and it's not saving my pictures. Anyone else having this same problem?

I

iphone

I'm having trouble with my camerapro app. I'm running 1.1.3 w/ Dev team JB and it's not saving my pictures. Anyone else having this same problem?

Yeah its kinda silly. You gotta shoot 3 pictures simultaniously, after this, it saves all three.

morgan

Feb 26, 2008
do you have a lot of pics previously saved b/c sometimes my phone automatically deletes b/c there is not enough space

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
do you have a lot of pics previously saved b/c sometimes my phone automatically deletes b/c there is not enough space
I have less than 40 pictures so far. I'm able to take pictures with the regular camera app just fine and the iFlickr as well.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Whats happening is CameraPro is trying to save it's photos to ~/Media/DCIM/100APPLE and unfortunately once it finds that folder it doesn't have the required permissions to save to it.

The fix is 2 fold, one real fix and 1 more for good measure.

1) Set your /var/mobile/Media/DCIM folder permissions to 777

2) Create a symlink from /var/root/Media/DCIM and have it point to /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

--

If theres any interest here I may put a "fix" up on my installer source. The only reason Im less enthusiastic about it is because 29 bux is a A LOT of cash to shell out for the app if the only good thing worth using is the ZOOM, lol.

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Whats happening is CameraPro is trying to save it's photos to ~/Media/DCIM/100APPLE and unfortunately once it finds that folder it doesn't have the required permissions to save to it.

The fix is 2 fold, one real fix and 1 more for good measure.

1) Set your /var/mobile/Media/DCIM folder permissions to 777

2) Create a symlink from /var/root/Media/DCIM and have it point to /var/mobile/Media/DCIM

--

If theres any interest here I may put a "fix" up on my installer source. The only reason Im less enthusiastic about it is because 29 bux is a A LOT of cash to shell out for the app if the only good thing worth using is the ZOOM, lol.
Thanks! I got it to work somehow. I did create a symlink like you suggested in another post, but for some reason something went haywire. I ended up removing the symlink, deleting my pictures, and starting over and creating a new symlink. It works now.... =)