Camping in SoCal? Post Here

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Since camping seems to be the hot topic and we still have no word on internet preorders, i thought we could all list the Cingular or Apple store we would most likely camp at if necessary. Actually, im just bored but let's go with it.

I will most likely be at any of these locations unless there is a store where most of you will be at.

Cingular
Ventura, Ca or Camarillo or Thousand Oaks

Apple Store
Simi Valley Town Center Mall

Hopefully online preorders will happen because frankly, i way to awesome to meet in person.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I'm probably going to the Apple store at Century City, Beverly Center or The Grove.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
i'm glad this thread isn't long. it gives me hope.

the first Apple store i'd go to is the Manhattan Beach store. After that, it's my local AT&T store. If neither of those work, eff it.

cooper

Jun 6, 2007
haha, I don't think I'd wanna be anywhere near the Apple store in beverly center store on the day the iPhone launches. That place is going to be total pandemonium.

Will paris hilton be out of jail in time to get an iPhone?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
haha, I don't think I'd wanna be anywhere near the Apple store in beverly center store on the day the iPhone launches. That place is going to be total pandemonium.

Will paris hilton be out of jail in time to get an iPhone?
This is something I'd never thought I'd do.. .refer someone here to an existing Paris Hilton thread.:laugh2: (She's out on the 26th and hopefully she'll be losing that SideKick of hers).

Last edited:

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Hey, anyone going to the Pasedena store? Im surprised that all of you peopel are interested. I have never personally met some who wants to buy an iPhone, and I ask a lot of people.

Clownfish

Jun 7, 2007
Granada Hills
I'm going to try my local AT&T store first then the Northridge Apple Store in the San Fernando Valley. I'm betting the line won't be too bad, but we'll see as the date gets closer.

Mar 31, 2007
I'm probably going to the Apple store at Century City, Beverly Center or The Grove.
Those are probably going to be the busiest ones....I suggest hitting up a small hole in the wall Cingular store...sorry AT&T store...they'll most likely have a ton less iPhone crazed people....just a suggestion....

Mar 31, 2007
i'm glad this thread isn't long. it gives me hope.

the first Apple store i'd go to is the Manhattan Beach store. After that, it's my local AT&T store. If neither of those work, eff it.
Manhattan Beach is definitely where I see myself going...I live close and I don't see overcrowding in its future....

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Since camping seems to be the hot topic and we still have no word on internet preorders, i thought we could all list the Cingular or Apple store we would most likely camp at if necessary. Actually, im just bored but let's go with it.

I will most likely be at any of these locations unless there is a store where most of you will be at.

Cingular
Ventura, Ca or Camarillo or Thousand Oaks

Apple Store
Simi Valley Town Center Mall

Hopefully online preorders will happen because frankly, i way to awesome to meet in person.
Make sure to place your pin on the Google iPhonemap.

Last edited by a moderator:

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
here is my problem! I live in SoCal and am on a couple of waiting lists for the iPhone. yet I promised my girlfriend I would go camping from the 27-01 of june. I made this promise over two months ago when everyone thought the phone would be out buy then. Now luckly I will be camping at lake Piru, real close to ventura and thousand oaks. but that would requir me to wake up early and head to a AT&T store near there. yet that still isn't to say there won't be long lines. the bad part of it all is if there are lines I won't even know until I arrive. So if anyone is up in that area and hears that there are long lines or in a long line, even a day or two. Send me an email so I can determin if I should stay or go to an AT&T store that morning.

May 6, 2007
United States
Hey, anyone going to the Pasedena store? Im surprised that all of you peopel are interested. I have never personally met some who wants to buy an iPhone, and I ask a lot of people.
Trust me, there are A LOT of people who want the iPhone. Apple even noted it will be their biggest launch ever. This means bigger than the OS, bigger than the store openings, etc. Let's just hope they have the supply to meet this demand.

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Im planing a camp out in orange county probably the brea mall Apple store because they open the doors to the mall at like 8:00 am and open at 10am so a mad dash to the Apple store in the morning should insure me a spot. Ether that or the att store in brea is a corporate store

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
here is my problem! I live in SoCal and am on a couple of waiting lists for the iPhone. yet I promised my girlfriend I would go camping from the 27-01 of june. I made this promise over two months ago when everyone thought the phone would be out buy then. Now luckly I will be camping at lake Piru, real close to ventura and thousand oaks. but that would requir me to wake up early and head to a AT&T store near there. yet that still isn't to say there won't be long lines. the bad part of it all is if there are lines I won't even know until I arrive. So if anyone is up in that area and hears that there are long lines or in a long line, even a day or two. Send me an email so I can determin if I should stay or go to an AT&T store that morning.
I had the same exact problem--camping with the GF for her birthday. Being the bad boyfriend i am, i chose the iPhone instead.

However, i will be in the Ventura/TO area and can let you know of the wait.

twindc23

Bronze
Jan 10, 2007
hey, why don't you go to the store in pasedena? I will be there

Thats fine too. I live in Glendale. Plus might have a better chance of camping @ Pasadena cause its outside the mall.
We'll see. Anyone else want to start a Pasadena Apple store camp group. =)

hehehehe... brings back the feeling when I camped for a PS3 for 3 days. met some really cool people. we played football on the streets while everyone slept, drank some here and there, and played texas hold 'em til the weeeee bit hours of the morning. gooood times. =)