Camping in SoCal? Post Here

joel90069

May 20, 2007
anyone going to any Apple/AT&T store in west hollywood?
I'm in West Hollywood. Will likely be taking the day off work and going to the Apple store at the Grove around noon. Just need to confirm that they will be able to activate and transfer my number from Verizon. Not sure there is an ATT store in WeHo. I think the closest one is in Beverly Hills.

joel90069

May 20, 2007
Just got off the phone with the Apple Store at the Grove. At this point they have no information other then 6/29 at 6 pm. The guy I talked to said there is no line up plan, knew nothing about how or when iPhones would be activated, etc. He claims they haven't been told anything.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Just means that the Training 5 days before launch is accurate.

mrbungle

Jun 21, 2007
i will be camping out at the tustin marketplace cingular corp store...which hardly gets any traffic...or the new att store in the district...a new shopping center that hardly anyone knows about and ppl think is closed..but not so..
I'm going to the Tustin store as well, see you there.

tasslehawf

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
ha. the funny thing is ive been at the pas. Apple store since 6pm. Not kidding. Im not camping though, just staying while my dad does some stuff.
Given the location of the Apple store and the Cing store, I doubt the Pasadena cops will allow it. They are very bored since there is little crime in Pasadena.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I just called the Apple store at The Grove and Mall Security.

The Apple store still hasn't finalized definite plans in place yet for next Friday. They don't know anything about activations either. They believe that Apple will simply handle the device and sale of it, AT&T will handle service, plans and activations.

The Grove Mall Security stated that they do not allow campers and campers will be asked to leave. They suggest to start forming the line at 10am when the Apple store opens and they have some kind of a line format.

ppenguin

Jun 5, 2007
Camping In San Diego

Who wants to go camping in San Diego, my friends think I am crazy and need someone to watch the line for food/bathroom breaks. I am thinking the fashion valley Apple store.

PM me

sajawebb

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
I'm in West Hollywood. Will likely be taking the day off work and going to the Apple store at the Grove around noon. Just need to confirm that they will be able to activate and transfer my number from Verizon. Not sure there is an ATT store in WeHo. I think the closest one is in Beverly Hills.
Hey joel69...see you there! I get off at 11am and that's where I'm headed. I work right next door and I could save...I mean sell you a spot! J/K!

I drove by the Pasadena store this morning after 8am and saw all the employees in the middle of the store huddled around some device or possibly a monitor obviously training for the iPhone.

I've got one of those "Personal Shopping Assistance" appointments at that Pasadena store from 6pm-7pm. But I'm hearing those appointments won't be honored on that day at that time. People got email telling them their appts have been cancelled. I didn't get one, but I'm not waiting an extra hour to get in line.

So instead of traveling 45 minutes to that store only to be disappointed, I'll just eat lunch, use the facilities (since 7 hrs is a long wait), cross the street and get in line!

Not only will Apple have security measures in place, but I believe the Grove should be utilizing their security force as well to keep order to what is becoming the most hyped arrival since well something Almighty...or at least the Beatles!

See you there dude!:laugh2:

The Grove & Apple both open at 10am and security won't let you line up before that time. So I'll probably be an hour late getting in line...maybe you can save me a spot, since I've got to work from 7am-11am! Maybe I'll leave an hour early! Yeah that's the ticket.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I wanna camp at my secret Cali ATT...hehe then Log on and talk to u guys about how Im waiting in line or theres no one in line ...or whatever
iPhone here I come

iphonenotify

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
hey so cal check out channel 4 news at 11pm tonight and see me on tv

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
In case, you guys are planning to wait in line at the Beverly Center Apple store because it's an indoor mall, think again. They are not allowing people to wait inside or camp overnight. They will start a line at 8am Friday morning outside of the mall on Beverly Blvd. They won't let people in until 5pm, an hour before release.

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
I wanna camp at my secret Cali ATT...hehe then Log on and talk to u guys about how Im waiting in line or theres no one in line ...or whatever
iPhone here I come
i know where you are going ! but i will never tell, gentlemens secrets :)

i have a somewhat secret location as well, Fo sho!

Jun 26, 2007
Im planing a camp out in orange county probably the brea mall Apple store because they open the doors to the mall at like 8:00 am and open at 10am so a mad dash to the Apple store in the morning should insure me a spot. Ether that or the att store in brea is a corporate store
wanna save me a spot?...":p i'll bring you Taco Bell"

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I just called the Apple stores and mall security to see what time would be the earliest possible times to start lining up for the iPhone tomorrow.

The Grove - 7am confirmed by Apple and The Grove mall security
Beverly Center - Apple said 10am, Bev Center mall security said 8am on Beverly Blvd
Century City - 8am confirmed by Apple and Century City mall security

They all stated that overnight camping will not be allowed and overnight campers "will be removed."

Plan accordingly. Good luck everyone.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Heheheh at "being removed" I cant wait till 2am Sat. Thats the soonest I will be able to be here with iPhone in hand