Camping just 3-6 hours should be plenty!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I honestly think this amount of time will be fine for getting an iPhone.

I think one good reason is that there will be no ebayers in line for the iPhone simply because you are required to sign a contract.

I camped out the Ps3 2 different times and 90% of the people in line were going to resell and not even keep.

Second reason which everyone knows is that most are still in a contract and not willing to break.

3rd the price.

4th is that some want to see how it pans out before shelling this kind of dough.

and 5th unlike the PS3 where each store only had like 10-30, there should be anywhere from 100-300.

So i think we will be ok.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
I think it could go either way. Just don't know for sure. I am thinking most people who want one will be able to get one, but there will still be some hype.

I think the reason for the Friday night thing is to push the hype as much as possible. People will be off work, you will likely have a lot of lookie-loos who may not even be sure they are going to buy one etc.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Agreed...My location in Cali has me feeling the same way. 3 hours should be plenty. Its summer here in cali. Only the hardcore will be in line with their several hundred dollars. I work in a bar and have a license to carry a weapon so I am not worried about being mugged etc... I welcome the oppourtunity to harm a potential felon.

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
I have the day off. They plan is to find out when the first few people start lining up, then jet down there. HOPEFULLY it will be no earlier than 11-12 that morning.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
My AT T is downtown in my Cali location. Will be easy to park my ride and just watch the location like a stakeout ala::Rockford Files:: Listen to my stereo...get stoned in my car. Stare at my 8525 a few last times before I say goodbye.....If a line forms...Ill be#2 or 3.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Agreed...My location in Cali has me feeling the same way. 3 hours should be plenty. Its summer here in cali. Only the hardcore will be in line with their several hundred dollars. I work in a bar and have a license to carry a weapon so I am not worried about being mugged etc... I welcome the oppourtunity to harm a potential felon.
That's harsh, dude.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Well Rob think about it. If theres a line full of people with $600 bucks and on top of that A whole other group of people with the expensive phone in hand. That will bring on potential theives/ muggers FO Sho. But no harshness intended. Only meant to be HaHaFunny

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I honestly think this amount of time will be fine for getting an iPhone.

I think one good reason is that there will be no ebayers in line for the iPhone simply because you are required to sign a contract.

I camped out the Ps3 2 different times and 90% of the people in line were going to resell and not even keep.

Second reason which everyone knows is that most are still in a contract and not willing to break.

3rd the price.

4th is that some want to see how it pans out before shelling this kind of dough.

and 5th unlike the PS3 where each store only had like 10-30, there should be anywhere from 100-300.

So i think we will be ok.
There may be 100 - 300 at an Apple store, but an At&t store may only get 12-24. My only choice is At&t, so I'm getting there EARLY!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
My AT T is downtown in my Cali location. Will be easy to park my ride and just watch the location like a stakeout ala::Rockford Files:: Listen to my stereo...get stoned in my car. Stare at my 8525 a few last times before I say goodbye.....If a line forms...Ill be#2 or 3.
Damn! I want to camp out with Knowsall.:)

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
:sick:Im naturally very nervous that there will be a mob at AT T but i don't expect it. I agree 12- 24 people sounds about right

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
There may be 100 - 300 at an Apple store, but an At&t store may only get 12-24. My only choice is At&t, so I'm getting there EARLY!

I doubt your store will have only 12-24.

Apple makes to make dang sure people who want this phone get it.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Well Rob think about it. If theres a line full of people with $600 bucks and on top of that A whole other group of people with the expensive phone in hand. That will bring on potential theives/ muggers FO Sho. But no harshness intended. Only meant to be HaHaFunny
So if I bring a couple hundred iPhone cases with me will you hang out and be my personal body guard?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I doubt your store will have only 12-24.

Apple makes to make dang sure people who want this phone get it.
An At&t exec is quoted in the USA Today that the larger cities with high iPod sales will get the majority of the phones. If you live in NYC, Boston, Chicago, or any large city in Cali, you'll be okay, but smaller towns and cities will get limited amounts. They're catering to the iPod buyer using iPod shipment data. If you live in a smaller city or town, then you won't have many chances to get one on iDay.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Yeah...this opens up a lot of ideas...
1.You have the people who will check their location nite before release.
2.People who will dilligently check location early morning Day Of
3.Then the peeps that say they arent going to camp at all but will be there around 530p-6p

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
knowsall which store you going to?

i'm gonna be at AT&T @ northridge and im not worried at all because ive camped near there before (for some kicks) and everything went well.

im planning to go at around 12-2PM hopefully ill be one of the first 10 people.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
knowsall which store you going to?

i'm gonna be at AT&T @ northridge and im not worried at all because ive camped near there before (for some kicks) and everything went well.

im planning to go at around 12-2PM hopefully ill be one of the first 10 people.
Im SoCal San Diego so ATT for me 4 sure.