Camping just 3-6 hours should be plenty!

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
But who is carrying cash to buy an iPhone.

I know stupid people might do that to buy a PS3 or something, but I would suspect most people buying an iPhone are going to use a credit card or debit card or something.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
An At&t exec is quoted in the USA Today that the larger cities with high iPod sales will get the majority of the phones. If you live in NYC, Boston, Chicago, or any large city in Cali, you'll be okay, but smaller towns and cities will get limited amounts. They're catering to the iPod buyer using iPod shipment data. If you live in a smaller city or town, then you won't have many chances to get one on iDay.
It is all relative though. The reason they ship like that is because of expected demand. If their numbers are right then the person in Podunk, Iowa will have the same chance as the guy in New York City.

The guy in NYC might be 1 of 5000 people who want 2000 iPhones. The guy in Podunk might be 1 of 50 who want 20 iPhones. The chances would essentially be the same. At least that is how they are targeting it. I don't think being in a higher demand area gives you a better chance, in fact it might give you a worse chance, especially if their figures are not accurate enough.

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
I hope the mobs aren't too crazy in California. I'll be in Beverly Hills, but only for 5 days before the phone comes out, so I won't know my ass from a hole in the ground out there(I'll be there all summer though). I hope I can find a good location (or one at all) to pick up an iPhone, and that they have one!

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Agreed...My location in Cali has me feeling the same way. 3 hours should be plenty. Its summer here in cali. Only the hardcore will be in line with their several hundred dollars. I work in a bar and have a license to carry a weapon so I am not worried about being mugged etc... I welcome the oppourtunity to harm a potential felon.
and I hope I don't run into you and your weapon! haha:sick:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I'll say I'll be there at 9 am, but that translates to 10:30 as I'm always late. I won't be the first in line, but I feel pretty confident that I'll be leaving the Apple Store at about 6:30 pm EST. My chances would probably be better with an AT&T store, but I think the vibe will definitely be better a the Apple Store. Not so much if I don't leave with an iPhone.

Either way, I plan on being back here on EIP at 6:50.

-Chris

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
But who is carrying cash to buy an iPhone.

I know stupid people might do that to buy a PS3 or something, but I would suspect most people buying an iPhone are going to use a credit card or debit card or something.
hehe whoops Guess I gave away that Im paying cash$$$ 600 plus tax Plus iPhone cover that i may never use...24.99-34.99 Will have $700 cash. Then I will have one day to make my rent...ouch! I can always live in my I phone

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I'll say I'll be there at 9 am, but that translates to 10:30 as I'm always late. I won't be the first in line, but I feel pretty confident that I'll be leaving the Apple Store at about 6:30 pm EST. My chances would probably be better with an AT&T store, but I think the vibe will definitely be better a the Apple Store. Not so much if I don't leave with an iPhone.

-Chris
Chris I agree with that too. Just that Im more of an AT T customer than an Apple guy(although i really am an Apple guy too) I think Im just more concerned about "getting the phone in hand" THEN...i can goto an Apple store with my activated phone and hang with the studs at Apple. Oooo that got me excited! Damn!

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
im going at 1 or 2 thats 4-5 hours if i get one i get one if not we will be able to order for delivery in 3- 5 days

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Chris I agree with that too. Just that Im more of an AT T customer than an Apple guy(although i really am an Apple guy too) I think Im just more concerned about "getting the phone in hand" THEN...i can goto an Apple store with my activated phone and hang with the studs at Apple. Oooo that got me excited! Damn!
I'm buying the iPhone as a gateway drug into the Apple experience...

brianhyp

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007

-Chris
my plans for iday: go to work till 10am change into my comfortable iclothes. get some food check the lines at the Apple store brea mall california. if lines are alrady forming i will get in line if it looks cool i will hit a movie then get in line at 130. then i will have my backpack with magazines, listen to music. and hangout until get my iPhone then go home set it up take pictures and post them on eip and join the online party!

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I am camping out for the night just to be sure. I live in Colorado and I was going to go to one of the 4 Apple stores here, but I decided to camp at the AT&T store 2 blocks from my house in Colorado Springs. Nothing would be worse than waiting for this day and not getting a phone.:(

Me and a buddy are going to hit the store about noon on the 28th see who is there (if anyone) and either stay or come back that evening and hang out for the 24 hours of anticipation. I am looking forward to hanging out there anyway. Hope everyone on here who wants one gets one.