camping out

ccarlson6

May 5, 2007
I am new to the concept of camping out for something, so this is my first time, how early do people show up and what do you bring with you. Some people are talking about going to the Apple store 2 days before; eat, sleep, other things, what do people do about them? not like you could leave the line to take care of businesss and get back in?:eek:

May 6, 2007
United States
The time people arrive usually depends on the store, the item, and some other factors like the location. For the most part, people who are going to camp out usually start lining up at closing time the night before. This would be when the store closes on the night of June 28th.

Some good things to bring are lawn chairs, a sleeping bag and pillow, and lots of food. Try not to drink too much as there will likely be few bathrooms open,but be sure to stay hydrated. Dehydration would certainly end your iPhone release date fun. Also, be sure to bring an iPod or a DVD Player to keep yourself entertained.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
It'd be a smart idea to bring a friend along with you, that way you and him can take turns going off to the bathroom and getting food or things like that. One watches the other's spot and vice versa. Definitely bring something to keep yourself entertained.

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
I am new to the concept of camping out for something, so this is my first time, how early do people show up and what do you bring with you. Some people are talking about going to the Apple store 2 days before; eat, sleep, other things, what do people do about them? not like you could leave the line to take care of businesss and get back in?:eek:
You can leave a line as long as people around you agree with that, remember they have to take care of businesss, too. People usually don't leave for more than a few minutes, but I have seen people switch in shifts. People are usually friendly until the people at the end of the line (the ones that show up last, knowning they are late) start #itching. I enjoy the camping. It can be a lot of fun. Remember to bring something to block the sun. I got a good sun burn back in November (21 hours for Black Friday).