Camping?

Jun 5, 2007
Hey-
this is my first post but ive been reading the forums for like a month now soo whats up

now that we know when launch is does anyone plan on camping out? if not how early do you plan on getting there?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I plan (mentioned in another thread) to go to the AT&T store just before closing on the 28th to see if anyone is there yet and to ask the employees their policy on camping out and to make sure it is ok. If no one is there then I will come back around midnight and depending on the situation I might just wait it out there until 9 AM when the store opens.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I plan (mentioned in another thread) to go to the AT&T store just before closing on the 28th to see if anyone is there yet and to ask the employees their policy on camping out and to make sure it is ok. If no one is there then I will come back around midnight and depending on the situation I might just wait it out there until 9 AM when the store opens.
That sounds very similar to my plan. I may be surprised, but I think we'll just be able to get there early on the 29th and pick up the phone. The At&t stores in my area will close at 7 PM on the 28th. I'll be there at closing to see if lines are forming. If they aren't I'll check back around midnight and if it's still clear, I won't come back until in the morning around 6 AM. If there's no line, then I'll just sit in my car, but if people are showing up, then I'll pop out the folding chair and the iPod.

May 6, 2007
United States
This is exactly my plan. I will make sure there are not too many people camping out, and then head back early in the morning. (Not too early, probably 7:30 or 8 A.M).

It is interesting, though. My local Cingular store said they have taken 50 people down on a list and will take no more orders. I thought they are not allowed to make these lists...

Either way, I hope they make online preorders so that I can be sure I will get one. Any news on this?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
It is interesting, though. My local Cingular store said they have taken 50 people down on a list and will take no more orders. I thought they are not allowed to make these lists...
I hate to hear that. If they did that, only the employees family and buddies would get any phones. I hope they make them stick to the circular that leaked out a few weeks ago.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
I will probably go to my Apple Store around 6-8pm the night before with a comfy chair. After you wait over two days for the PS3, twelve hours is nothing.

May 6, 2007
United States
lol i wasn't talking about camping now i meant the night before hahahaha

He was joking with you, I believe. He isn't that dumb :laugh2:.

Yeah, ColsTiger, I really do hope they will change this. I might go in and show them the email telling them not to have waitlists :D. Hopefully I can get one on day one, or I will be bummed. They said the demand has been phenominal lately, though, which is not what I wanted to hear. They had 50 people on this waitlist months back, after all. I can't imagine how many people have asked about it in that time. Apple didn't say much when I called either. They said they haven't decided on whether they will do store preorders or a waitlist, and they need to wait longer to find out. I am getting very nervous about this, hoping it won't be as bad as the PS3 or Wii launches.

May 6, 2007
United States
I might camp out if necessary, but I will try to avoid doing this in any way possible. I would rather sleep in my bed, and wake up early, grab some coffee, and head off to get in line. I still plan to check earlier the night before, though, to make sure that camping out will not be necessary. Now I need to decide whether to go to the Apple store or Cingular store...

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Guys,
you are all making me very nervous....
as i mentioned in another thread...
there is no way i will be able to get out of work early/skip work
on June 29th.

all you guys are camping out the night before,
and i wont even be able to get to cingular around 4:00
there is no way i can get anyone to pick it up for me..i gotta get it myself

please somebody give me some reassurance and tell me there is hope
:( :( :(

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Guys,
you are all making me very nervous....
as i mentioned in another thread...
there is no way i will be able to get out of work early/skip work
on June 29th.

all you guys are camping out the night before,
and i wont even be able to get to cingular around 4:00
there is no way i can get anyone to pick it up for me..i gotta get it myself

please somebody give me some reassurance and tell me there is hope
:( :( :(
According to reps I've talked to at At&t stores, the phone is ringing off the hook right now asking about plans and upgrade pricing and availability and waiting lists. I'm starting to get nervous too.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
There is no way i can camp out....

im sure you all understand my needs to get one on the first day...
IM SCARED!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I will probably go to my Apple Store around 6-8pm the night before with a comfy chair. After you wait over two days for the PS3, twelve hours is nothing.
Haha, yeah I camped out with some friends for 3 days prior to the PS3 launch in front of a Target. They didn't let us have tents, chairs, sleeping bags, pillows or blankets. So that was kind of brutal. But this is going to be even more worth it. I won't be able to sleep the night before anyway.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
Haha, yeah I camped out with some friends for 3 days prior to the PS3 launch in front of a Target. They didn't let us have tents, chairs, sleeping bags, pillows or blankets. So that was kind of brutal. But this is going to be even more worth it. I won't be able to sleep the night before anyway.
You'll get home with your iPhone, prop your feet up on the coffee table, get 5s into a movie, and ... fall asleep. :laugh2:

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
ya...
ill prol jus go to cingular, maybe 2 cingulars...
and then when all that goes down the crapper,
i will order online
:(

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
I suggest you people call the mall management offices before you decide to camp out since many Apple stores are located inside of malls. Some malls won't allow an overnight camp out. Others may only allow arriving a couple of hours before the stores open.