Can 2 Bluetooth headphones be used at the same time?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MuddyPaws, Jun 13, 2011.

1. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

Looking to allow 2 people to watch movies in the truck. Will the ipad2 send audio to 2 Bluetooth headphone sets at the same time?

OR

Cand I use one bluetooth headphone set and a wired set at the same time?

2. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

Unfortunately, I don't think using 2 pairs of Bluetooth headphones at the same time is possible - while an iPad can connect to more than 1 Bluetooth device at once, I believe this is restricted to one keyboard and one headphone/headset only.

I've used a headphone splitter to watch a movie with someone else on my iPad. I have this Belkin one that's only $4 on Amazon right now - works like a charm: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8V234-GLD-APL-Speaker-Headphone-Splitter/dp/B000222YR8/

3. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I would rather do it wireless. Tons of cords and crap all over the place and traveling with a puppy just makes for a headache.

Gotta be a solution that is wireless.

4. Tyger_purr

Tyger_purr Member
    Bronze

I don't know for sure if this would work but in theory you could get two Plantronics Backbeat 906s and a splitter.

the 906 has a bluetooth device with a headphone jack that you plug into audio devices that do not have internal bluetooth.

5. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist
    Gold

I know I have had two BT headsets connected at the same time, but I think only get to use one. Not sure I can even use one for telephone and one for music. As suggested splitter would be needed and then if wireless two BT transmitters. Or maybe there is a non-BT wireless headset solution that uses just one transmitter for two headsets.

Or just use one wired headset and one wired... again with a splitter.

Michael

6. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Because I believe you have a second phone, that other one can have BT device assigned to media and another BT unit to telephone and both connected at the same time. As far as I know though, only one can actively be playing.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk