Can 2 Bluetooth headphones be used at the same time?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 3, 2009
Looking to allow 2 people to watch movies in the truck. Will the ipad2 send audio to 2 Bluetooth headphone sets at the same time?

OR

Cand I use one bluetooth headphone set and a wired set at the same time?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Unfortunately, I don't think using 2 pairs of Bluetooth headphones at the same time is possible - while an iPad can connect to more than 1 Bluetooth device at once, I believe this is restricted to one keyboard and one headphone/headset only.

I've used a headphone splitter to watch a movie with someone else on my iPad. I have this Belkin one that's only $4 on Amazon right now - works like a charm: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8V234-GLD-APL-Speaker-Headphone-Splitter/dp/B000222YR8/

Oct 3, 2009
I would rather do it wireless. Tons of cords and crap all over the place and traveling with a puppy just makes for a headache.

Gotta be a solution that is wireless.

Tyger_purr

Bronze
Oct 3, 2010
I don't know for sure if this would work but in theory you could get two Plantronics Backbeat 906s and a splitter.

the 906 has a bluetooth device with a headphone jack that you plug into audio devices that do not have internal bluetooth.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I know I have had two BT headsets connected at the same time, but I think only get to use one. Not sure I can even use one for telephone and one for music. As suggested splitter would be needed and then if wireless two BT transmitters. Or maybe there is a non-BT wireless headset solution that uses just one transmitter for two headsets.

Or just use one wired headset and one wired... again with a splitter.

Michael

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Because I believe you have a second phone, that other one can have BT device assigned to media and another BT unit to telephone and both connected at the same time. As far as I know though, only one can actively be playing.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk