Can a trial become a full account?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
So here's the deal. I ordered a MobileMe box for the $30 discount with my MacBook on June 16th. The box still hasn't shipped, and now that MobileMe is fully functional, I' like to begin using it, but as the box isn't here, I can't.

Therefore, I'm wondering if I set up a trial account, use all the info I want for the real account, and use it until the box arrives, can I then turn the trial into a full account with the authentication key?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
it should work that way - that's exactly how i started my .mac account (though that was many years ago). i set it up using the free trial that came with my powerbook at the time, then i bought a box/code before the trial period was up, and entered it to turn it into a full account. everything i set up with the trial account - selected email address, all of the email sent/received in that account, etc. - was still there once i made it a full account - completely seamless transition...

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Yes, it will work. All the box has in it is a code to activate the full account membership. It's just like macgirl said, everything just migrates seamlessly.