Can an iTunes gift card be used to buy iBooks?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Santa, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I know this seems like a stupid question, but I searched all over iTunes and Apple.com and couldn't confirm this.

I don't use iBooks, but my Mom's getting an iPad and I'd like to give her some cash for some books. Do I just get her an iTunes card?

2. noit

noit Member

Yep they sure can. Nice thing about the Apple/iTunes store is you just purchase music/apps/iBooks all using your iTunes account. All the gift cards do is put some credit on your account.

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't you also send "iTunes cash" as a gift right within iTunes as another option?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks.

Yes, you can send the iTunes cash too. I might do that as the "greenest" solution.

4. {StatuSChecKa}

{StatuSChecKa} Contributor
    Silver

Its a great implementation the way they did iBook store, iTunes store and App Store. One gift card is good for all.

5. chloe smith

chloe smith New Member

how do you pay for it though, im so confused, its asking me to pay with my credit card which i don't want to do :/

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can buy iTunes gift cards in stores or on Apple.com. After you've applied the card to your account, you can use it as credit towards apps, iBooks, music or videos. If you do not have money from a gift card applied to your account, you have to pay with a credit card. You can input your credit card info in iTunes.

7. chloe smith

chloe smith New Member

i've got it now thanks, it just kept making me want to pay with my card but it automatically took it off my iTunes money in the end.

8. harrison121

harrison121 New Member

Well, I completely agree with all above comments. It may possible..........!!!
    One more thing I would like to share a nice source for best Itunes gift cards.
    I.e offgamersdotcom/buy/itunesgiftcard