Can anyone help? AppTap/Installer issue

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 14, 2007
Hi there,

I have successfuly installed Installer.app onto my iPhone, but I now have a weird problem. When I am in Installer, I can not click any of the buttons in the top menu bar? So I can't install anything as the Install button is in this top bar. I just restored my iPhone, reinstalled AppTap, but still the same issue?

Everything else is working fine?

Any help appreciated

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hi there,

I have successfuly installed Installer.app onto my iPhone, but I now have a weird problem. When I am in Installer, I can not click any of the buttons in the top menu bar? So I can't install anything as the Install button is in this top bar. I just restored my iPhone, reinstalled AppTap, but still the same issue?

Everything else is working fine?

Any help appreciated
Does this same area of the screen respond OK when you are in another app? Like the url window in safari?

My roommate is on his 3rd iPhone because he has had dead rows twice.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
yep, works fine in everything else, just doesn't go in Installer?
This is my theory as to what is happening. When Installer is opened, everything is frozen until it refreshes the program list. If you have a good connection to WiFi or EDGE up and running it should do it in under 10 or 15 seconds and then you are free to roam around and click buttons and such. But if you connected to a slow WiFi that doesn't respond or you are out of EDGE service, it will just hang for a long time and not do anything because it can't refresh the list. The only way out of that is to hold the Home button for 5 seconds to force end the program. Are you sure you have a good internet connection when you open up Installer?

If you can't get Installer to work, go to pxl.ibrickr.com in Safari. This is an alternate way to install programs straight from iPhone onto your iPhone without connecting to a computer. (If you're connected to a computer, you can always install anything that Installer has by using iBrickr. Just click Applications and then Browse Applications.)