Can anyone help me with terminal?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
I'm new to terminal. I have it installed on my iPhone, but unfortunately have no idea how to use it.

Say for instance i want to change my SMS text icon. Can you use terminal to do this? and if so, how would i use terminal to do this? if anyone could help i'd really appreciate it! :)

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
or even better. how could i use iShare and mobile finder to chang this icon?

if anyone could shed a little light on either of these subjects it'd be greatly appreciated.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Your application icons are in the Applications folder. Each program has it's own folder, like Nes.app. Finder will launch the program folders as executables, so disable application launch in Finder's settings. This will let you browse their folders to examine their structure.

After you've nosed around and found what you want to replace, upload your file to your sendspace account from your desktop. You created a sendspace account when you registered your ishare account. http://www.sendspace.com

After you upload browse your files and find the one you uploaded. Click it to find it's download url. Take note of the last 6 characters and enter them into iShare. Download the icon.png file to your desired application folder.

Restart your iPhone to see the changes. To restart hold your power button down for a few seconds until you see that red slider message to turn the phone off. A quicker way is to launch the springboard prefs and just tell it to restart springboard.

Come to think of it, you're better off making your own Springboard 2.1 theme. Upload your files to the springboard theme folders. I covered it in another thread in this forum, shouldnt be hard to follow.