Can anyone help with app updates

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by big*W*, May 22, 2012.

1. big*W*

big*W* New Member

I've got an iPhone4 and for some reason it wants to update apps which are not on my phone but on my wife's. When asking for the password it shows my wife's user account!

Has this happened to others? Is their an easy resolution or an I looking at a phone reset?

2. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

Go to Settings > Store > tap your wife's account and log out. Then log in to yours.

Let us know how it goes. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. big*W*

big*W* New Member

Thanks for the advice. I've done that on my phone but no change, it keeps finding the wife's account for some reason. I won't have access to iTunes on my computer until Friday, I'll have to give that a go an let you know.

4. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

Are some of the applications on your device been bought using your wife's account? If so, this issue will always occur when those apps need updating. The App Store will need her login for those updates to be applied. Just double check the apps on your device. :)

5. big*W*

big*W* New Member

We do have some of the same apps but my wife has only ever purchased hers on her phone and it was months ago when she last connected to iTunes on the computer. I'll get on the computer on Friday and give the logging out of each account a go.

6. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

The issue isn't really about who is logged in... It's with the applications on your phone that might have been bought using your wife's account.
    When you sync your phone to iTunes where your wife syncs hers, apps will be saved to that computer if both of you authorised it to "play" stuff both of the accounts bought.

By synching your phone to that computer, some of the apps she bought might've been synchronised to your device, that's why when you try to update on your phone App Store asks for your wife's login.

7. big*W*

big*W* New Member

Thanks for your advice it's made things a bit clearer now.