Can anyone tell me if this works?

Sep 29, 2007
Okay, I am not sure if this works but I tried it so far but I am having problems elsewhere.

Anyways if you can download files due to the plugin via installer app under the safari plugin section can you download .rar files? On top of that due to the new application release of the .rar opener via installer can we open it and use it via the iPhone?

This would be great being able to download videos, music, anything that was compressed into a .rar file wirelessly via the internet on your iPhone!

I was not able to attempt this because I am having trouble downloading the .rar opener as it cant find its host.

Anyways if someone wants to try this or if it works for someone please tell me.

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Okay, I am not sure if this works but I tried it so far but I am having problems elsewhere.

Anyways if you can download files due to the plugin via installer app under the safari plugin section can you download .rar files? On top of that due to the new application release of the .rar opener via installer can we open it and use it via the iPhone?

This would be great being able to download videos, music, anything that was compressed into a .rar file wirelessly via the internet on your iPhone!

I was not able to attempt this because I am having trouble downloading the .rar opener as it cant find its host.

Anyways if someone wants to try this or if it works for someone please tell me.
Even though .rar is listed in the Info.plist, I cant get it to work either (zip and tar files work fine though). My guess is because different web servers have different mime-types records. I haven't gotten the chance to really mess with the Info.plist and add other mime-types.

By the way, what rogue installer source is this rar opener app listed under?