Can anyone write an app to change themes?

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
I have installed a decent number of themes (some on iSwitcher and some on Summerboard) and was curious:
I change my themes (because I CAN :laugh2:) every couple of days.
I have chosen my themes well and like every one.

Is it possible to write an app that changes the THEME that you use every 24 hours? At midnight?

Again, I know nothing about writing ANY programs, but thought I might inquire.

Dana

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I am sure that something like that could be written but I am not sure that you would actually want it running in the background on your phone 24 hours a day monitoring the time. That could run your battery down pretty badly just to save you from having to manually switch themes.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The iPhone also gets rather warm when things are running in the background. It irritates me.

- John

blacklabel775

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
The alarm clock application runs 24/7 in the background and does not seem to drain battery life or make the phone too warm. I would think that the app being proposed by the OP would function similarly to the alarm clock.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If there was a means to turn off the clock then you would notice an increase in battery life. Anything running 24 hours a day uses a part of the battery life. Since there is no means to turn it off then you can't tell how much it is taking from the battery, but I can guarantee you that the clock does drain battery life.
To run a program that monitors that time to change the theme is actually adding 2 things. You would be adding an application that monitors the time and also adding a program launcher that sits waiting to be told to go ahead and launch yet another application at XX:XX time. These will drain the battery faster.