Can first generation iPhone send pics via text messaging?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Stoldit

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Can we send pics via txt messaging?

It seems that the iPhone is not fully charging. How long should I leave it plugged in? It does not give me the usage. it says please allow iPhone to fully charge.

Thanks.

brojimh

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
Morris, AL
Can we send pics via txt messaging?

It seems that the iPhone is not fully charging. How long should I leave it plugged in? It does not give me the usage. it says please allow iPhone to fully charge.

Thanks.
the only way to send a pic from your phone is through email--no sms or mms for pics (no mms period!)

I would let it charge a full 8 hours if at all possible for the first charge or before you use it very much. That's what I did with mine and I haven't had any battery problems at all. (One of the hardest things I've done in a while by the way :p)

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
You can send an e-mail that will send it to the MMS of the other phone. for example I want to send a picture to 123-456-7890. All I have to know is their service provider and a small trick: Say my recipient is an att customer. i just send the email and attachment to 123-456-7890@mms.att.net. They will receive it as an MMS and you will get them through your e-mail.

As far as battery is concerned you need to know 2 things:

1.) go ahead and FULLY discharge the battery too the point where it tells you that you need to connect it to a power source. This will reset the point where iPhone thinks the battery is at zero

2.) Give it a week of solid use because the Li-Ion battery needs to get broken in a little. Most people, including me, have noticed better battery life after a week or so of use.

Good luck and welcome:)

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
the only way to send a pic from your phone is through email--no sms or mms for pics (no mms period!)

I would let it charge a full 8 hours if at all possible for the first charge or before you use it very much. That's what I did with mine and I haven't had any battery problems at all. (One of the hardest things I've done in a while by the way :p)
i'm not an expert, but from what i've read, the whole charge before use is only necessary on old battery types, not the current type that the iPhone has.

also, i believe you may be able to send an mms via email...type in their 10 digit number as the email and the rest is (@teleflip.com) it works for regular text only messages. not sure if it also works as MMS.

Stoldit

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
i'm not an expert, but from what i've read, the whole charge before use is only necessary on old battery types, not the current type that the iPhone has.

also, i believe you may be able to send an mms via email...type in their 10 digit number as the email and the rest is (@teleflip.com) it works for regular text only messages. not sure if it also works as MMS.

Well Thank you for the responses. I appreciate it. I hope they come out with some kind of update to send pics easier. Now I must buy the bluetooth accessory! lol so much money being spent lol.