Can I add music to iPhone without updating it to firmware 1.1.1?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Zackram

Oct 5, 2007
Hello!

Well I'm new to this stuff, I just bought my unlocked iPhone and I was wondering if I can add music to it via iTunes, but the problem is that I am a little scared of connecting my iPhone to the iTunes because I've seen that there is some new firmware that will brick every unlocked iPhone and I don't that to happen to mine.

So my question is: Is there a way to upload music to the iPhone without updating the firmware? is the update automatic when you plug the iPhone to iTunes?

I will greatly appreciate any help

Zack:cool:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello!

Well I'm new to this stuff, I just bought my unlocked iPhone and I was wondering if I can add music to it via iTunes, but the problem is that I am a little scared of connecting my iPhone to the iTunes because I've seen that there is some new firmware that will brick every unlocked iPhone and I don't that to happen to mine.

So my question is: Is there a way to upload music to the iPhone without updating the firmware? is the update automatic when you plug the iPhone to iTunes?

I will greatly appreciate any help

Zack:cool:
In a word, yes. You can choose not to update or not, which is how all of us 1.0.2 continue to connect to iTunes. Thank you Apple for at least one choice :laugh2:.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
And how exactly do i reject any update so I can only add music and videos?

When you first plug the iPhone in and open iTunes there is the screen where it has the option to "Update" or "Restore". It should say, "Scheduled to check for an update on October 12th" for example and then it will give you the option to update or not, you simply DO NOT update. Also, on October 12th it will ASK you before it updates so you just choose NO again. Then click on the music and video tabs and choose what you want to sync and hit the beautiful "Sync" button and you're set :laugh2:.

Zackram

Oct 5, 2007
That is great news!

Hey man thanks for the info, I was really scared of plugging my iPhone to iTunes, I thought that it would be updated just as soon as I plugged it in.

Big thanks!

;)

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Hey man thanks for the info, I was really scared of plugging my iPhone to iTunes, I thought that it would be updated just as soon as I plugged it in.

Big thanks!

;)
If you UNCHECK "check for updates automatically" in iTunes, you should be fine. Mine used to check for iPhone updates on a certain date. Now it doesn't. :laugh2:

Zackram

Oct 5, 2007
Just another doubt

I have another doubt, if I plug my iPhone to a pc that does not have an internet connection, will iTunes still be able to try to update my iPhone? Or does iTunes need the internet to be able to update to a new firmware any iPhone?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I have another doubt, if I plug my iPhone to a pc that does not have an internet connection, will iTunes still be able to try to update my iPhone? Or does iTunes need the internet to be able to update to a new firmware any iPhone?

You would deifnitely need an internet connection in order for iTunes to update so that is a great way to avoid even the possibility of accidentally updating. Not a bad idea actually.

Zackram

Oct 5, 2007
Thanks again for the info!

Thanks for the information once again, now I feel relieved and i will finally plug my iPhone to my pc (but i will first disconnect my pc from the internet. lol :p)

Thank you :laugh2: