Can I be billed for the iPhone in my next Month Payment?

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
So I have cingular with 2 lines, one is mine and the other is my mother, Hers contract already expired so I'm trying to get the iPhone by renewing her contract, and pass her down my razr. Anywayz If I show up on the 29 blah blah Do you think you can Get billed for the iPhone in my upcoming monthly payment? That what I did when I got my razor but I dunno if this will be avaliable for the iPhone.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
So I have cingular with 2 lines, one is mine and the other is my mother, Hers contract already expired so I'm trying to get the iPhone by renewing her contract, and pass her down my razr. Anywayz If I show up on the 29 blah blah Do you think you can Get billed for the iPhone in my upcoming monthly payment? That what I did when I got my razor but I dunno if this will be avaliable for the iPhone.
Doubtful, but you can try. This would be worth a call to a cingular rep.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
You could pay with a credit card.
Of course you can, but even if you apply today you won't have the actual plastic in hand for the iPhone release. Plus, the Apple credit card is one of the worst offers out there in terms of interest, etc.

And a piece of motherly advice--opening a credit account and going into debt for a gadget is a terrible idea. After the $500 or $600 you still have the $36 activation fee and then the monthly bills. Wait 6 months and you will have saved the cost of the iPhone in bills AND you might even get to have the newer version.

But the short answer in all this is no, you cannot charge any equipment to your account. I've never even heard of this, in fact.

soloudinhere

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
The activation fee is on the bill and they may charge you for half of the data on the first bill because it is not a complete month.
Not quite. What happens is they charge you for whatever you use in the first three days, and then your monthly billing cycle starts. So your first month's bill is the largest- $36 activation fee, monthly charge, and whatever you used in the first three days (was about $6 for my BB).