Can i buy another 3G iPhone to replace current one?

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Lets say i got an iPhone 3G all activated, but my friend didn't get one, can i sell him mine and then just go buy another one in white at full retail price and get it activated to my account again? Or is there a policy that you can only activate one and cant get another one or will i have to pay new activation fees to activate another iPhone to replace the current one?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Lets say i got an iPhone 3G all activated, but my friend didn't get one, can i sell him mine and then just go buy another one in white at full retail price and get it activated to my account again? Or is there a policy that you can only activate one and cant get another one or will i have to pay new activation fees to activate another iPhone to replace the current one?
Of course you can always buy another phone, but I think you are going to have to wait 30 days and pay for one months service before you can do this.

You can go buy another one and you probably will have to pay activation fees.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Of course you can always buy another phone, but I think you are going to have to wait 30 days and pay for one months service before you can do this.

You can go buy another one and you probably will have to pay activation fees.
ok thanks i don't think thats a problem

aahitman

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
Denton, TX
Why don't you just go buy one at full retail price and seel that one to him and skip the hassle of deactivating and reactivating?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you do this you're going to have to pay the unsubsidized price of $399 or $499 for the new one, so make sure you don't lose money on the deal.