Can I charge an iPodtouch at the wall?

peapod

Mar 5, 2008
I am looking to buy a small machine to web-browse and to pick up emails. The ipodtouch is edging forward in the race for best option.

I won't be taking my laptop and I will be away for several days. Until I read about charging an ipodtouch via USB off a computer it did not occur to me to even think that it could not be charged at a wall socket outlet.

Now I have to ask: can I charge an ipodtouch at an ordinary socket outlet in the wall?

:)

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Yup. I believe it comes with a wall charger - my iPhone did. Not sure if the same applies for the iPod touch.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
iPod touch does not come with a charger as far as I know - you'll have to get one from Apple for $29 or £19, it is called the USB power adapter.

peapod

Mar 5, 2008
Thank you for the replies: I chased down the answer to the 'is it/isn't it included' question, in the ipod Touch manual at

where it says:

"You can also charge iPod touch using the Apple USB Power Adapter, available
separately."

Maybe I can expand my original thoughts a bit, and I would be grateful for peoples' opinions:

We are staying here (England) for a few months ad I have a macbook pro with me. I have taken trips with it, but I don't want to on a trip I am planning on taking.

i want to get internet access and look at and answer my emails. I could get a Macbook but then sooner or later when I move, I am going to be trying to fit two laptops in hand luggage - not a good idea.

I could get a macbook air and drool over it, but realistically ... it's a lot of money to sit in a cupboard when I am not using it.

So I want something small - I looked at an ASUS eee and maybe that is an option because I could even put that in hold/checked luggage and not worry too much (well, a little bit).

But a thing you can put in your pocket, would be great. Hence the iPod Touch. So do people think it really is usable? Can I have tabbed browsing or more than one window open at the same time? is there a way around using fingers and thumbs? etc.

:) , or maybe |) or maybe ;) or maybe #@(#$$

Last edited by a moderator:

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
I love mine, I use it all the time when I don't want to turn on my laptop, I am going to travel with it for the first time next week (Vegas baby) and looking forward to watching movies, listening to music and checking email, stocks etc.