Can I Connect my iPhone to my Xbox 360 to watch movies?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vdub337, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Vdub337

Vdub337 Member

So I buy a ton of movies off the iTunes store and I was on google looking at ways to watch the movies off my phone through my TV to find that you "supposedly" can watch movies from the iPhone if it is connect to the Xbox 360? Now if this is possible would I have to have media center hooked up because I do not have windows Vista which I think you need to have it in order to run MC off the 360. Let me know

- Thanks!

2. kenneth

kenneth Zealot
    Gold

I don't know about running it through a 360 but you can buy a cable that will connect your iPhone to your tv. Then you can enjoy all of your movies on your tv.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Vdub337

Vdub337 Member

would that cable make them blury?

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Zealot
    Gold

i know about a little over a year ago the 360 stopped supporting the ipod or vice versa. whenever i plug in my ipod it just has the disconnect sign flashing on and off. Before it used to recognize it.

6. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

XP Media Center edition also has Media Center.

I do not believe there is a way to watch videos from an ipod (or iPhone) on the 360, though. like kenneth said, the best way would be to buy the RCA cable. the video should look just fine as long as the videos are good quality.

7. harleygold

harleygold Member
    Bronze

Does the PS3 support the iPod touch/iPhone?

8. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

i doubt it, but i'll give it a shot...

9. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

nope. failed miserably.

10. MarvelousMerv

MarvelousMerv New Member

Just go get an RCA cable - as previously suggested, the clarity of the picture will depend entirely on how compressed the video is.

11. stevebubble

stevebubble New Member

You can convert the files to MP4, then if both your xbox 360 and PC are connected to your network, you can enter video library on your xbox and selct your PC from the list, you can then browse to the folder where you have put the mp4's.

12. Kazakaz

Kazakaz New Member

You could always setup a media server on your desktop like Orb or TVersity. Both the 360 and PS3 can connect to these media servers and stream videos from the PC. TVersity will also transcode on the fly, so you can stream almost any type of video and have it be playable by the 360.

13. tonedef56

tonedef56 New Member

I do a lot of streaming from my make to my 360 with movies i have ripped.. The ones i have purchased from iTunes always show up as an error.. Will Tversity help me get around this error code ?