Can i do anything if i forgot my passcode

1. tuckerbball New Member Bronze

Ok today i was out to eat with my friend and i put a passcode on because i did not want them to mess with it before i went to the bathroom and then when i got in the car his little sister tried to get in it and i did not see her then when i got it back i could not remember the code and then i had to keep guessing and i got the time limited that it was disabled was an hour does anyone know how to get the code off without guessing and having to wait an hour every guess im so mad !

2. iPhobos New Member Bronze

I am assuming you need to do a restore but I would check the Apple support site to see if there is some way around it. I am sorry bro good luck with that.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. master-ceo New Member

You might have to restore it my man.

5. tuckerbball New Member Bronze

Today i cheeked it and it sayed connect to iTunes and i did but when i did it say iPhone is passcode locked and it will not even sync so i don't no wut to do

6. Marianne Zealot Moderator

7. liberated Evangelist Gold

I know what you should do....return the phone to the rightful owner and stop tryingto make us accessory to your theft! LOL

8. geordisjd Zealot Bronze

Restore and tattoo new password on forehead (backwards, so u can check it in the mirror)

9. gadget.girl New Member

Did you ever find out the master passcode?

10. iamtko Zealot Gold

VERY NICE!

and to tucker, please use a period or SOME kind of punctuation.. that run-on sentence just killed all the english teachers out there :<

and i agree with the tattoo idea

11. TRIXX141 New Member

iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to restore

• Last Modified: April 29, 2008
    • Article: HT1808
    • Old Article: 305797

Summary

If you have tried to restore your iPhone or iPod touch using iTunes and are unable to do so, try the following steps to force the device into recovery mode.

Products Affected

iPhone, iPod touch

Symptoms that may have occurred with an unsuccessful restore may include a frozen screen—either at the Apple logo or some other application—or the device may repeatedly reset.
    1. Verify you have iTunes 7.5 or later. Apple recommends using the latest version of iTunes.
    2. Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone or iPod touch.
    3. Power off the device (Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the the iPhone or iPod touch to turn off.
    4. Press and hold the Home button while reconnecting USB cable. When you reconnect USB, the device should then power on.

Note: If you see the message "Charging... Please Wait" or you see the screen pictured below, let the device charge for at least 10 minutes to ensure the battery has some charge and then start with step 2 again. [​IMG]
    5. Continue holding the Home button while iPhone starts up. While starting up, you will see the Apple logo.
    6. When you see "Connect to iTunes" on the screen, you can release the Home button and iTunes will display the recovery mode message: [​IMG]
      If you don't see the "Connect to iTunes" screen, then disconnect the USB cable from iPhone and repeat steps 3-6.
    Because you must restore iPhone or iPod touch, iTunes will not recover data from the device, but if it was previously synced on the same computer and the same user account, it should restore a backup (if available). See document 305744, "Updating and Restoring iPhone Software."
    If you are still unable to restore the iPhone using this method, check Apple support for further troubleshooting and/or service options.
    Note: If you sync both an iPhone and an iPod touch to the same computer, make sure you select the correct backup to restore your settings from (don't select an iPhone backup if you have an iPod touch and don't select an iPod touch backup if you have an iPhone).

• Like Like x 1
  12. MacHoe New Member

13. SoccerSpartan20 New Member Bronze

oh wow, take a breath! i think my blood pressure rose by just reading that sentence. lol i'd try to restore it. You must've had quite the experience in the bathroom to lose the password in your mind so quickly :p

14. carolina New Member

heyyy i just registered to this :D i have an iPhone too! does anyone know how to make ringtones?

15. wildturkey Member Bronze

or does it have a generic password?

16. PepeRB29 New Member

really?

[​IMG]

i am quite sure the only way to fix it is to restore.

17. styfle Zealot Gold

Try 1,2,3,4

18. Napoleon PhoneApart Moderator Senior Moderator

Pepe, you really have to stop posting pictures of your real father here...

19. Marcelo New Member

I forget my passcode for my iPhone

20. PepeRB29 New Member

^that sucks

oh and napoleon thats an actual pic of me btw :)

21. Napoleon PhoneApart Moderator Senior Moderator

Wouldn't Marcelo have to restore in this case? Correct me if I'm wrong.