Can I Do This? How Does It Work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Alright..I got my $100 rebate...and I got an extra question on that...Do I need that page? I don't have a printer, so can I just write the info down?

How does that email iTunes gift certificate work? Am i correct in saying you just put in a dollar amount, put in an email...and they will send you information for the iTunes gift certificate over email?

Like i don't really have anything I want at the Apple store that Ive seen, so I just want to put the $100 into iTunes....

So can I just send an email with $100 to myself, and Ill instantly get an activation code or something good for $100 on iTunes?

Last edited by a moderator:

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
You can not use it for an iTunes gift certificates. But you can use it to buy 2 $50 iTunes gift cards.
Well i think thats what I mean...i don't know what you call it but I just want it to send me an email with something I can activate on iTunes and have $100 to spend...

Is that what it sends over the email?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Well i think thats what I mean...i don't know what you call it but I just want it to send me an email with something I can activate on iTunes and have $100 to spend...

Is that what it sends over the email?
The gift cars are physical cards. You can buy them at the Apple store or have them ship to you from the iTunes store.

The virtual gift certificates that is done by email are not eligible to be purchased with the rebate.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
The gift cars are physical cards. You can buy them at the Apple store or have them ship to you from the iTunes store.

The virtual gift certificates that is done by email are not eligible to be purchased with the rebate.
well thats dumb.....

Anyways, what do I do? I don't have a printer so i cant print out that page with my rebate info on it....so can I just write down the info and bring it to my Apple store?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
well thats dumb.....

Anyways, what do I do? I don't have a printer so i cant print out that page with my rebate info on it....so can I just write down the info and bring it to my Apple store?
Print the page to a pdf file. (windows: google pdf995 if you don't have a pdf writer)

Email the pdf to you iPHone. Take the iPhone to the store and show them the email attachment. If you zoom in they can probably scan the bar code off you phone.

dietPEPSI

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Print the page to a pdf file. (windows: google pdf995 if you don't have a pdf writer)

Email the pdf to you iPHone. Take the iPhone to the store and show them the email attachment. If you zoom in they can probably scan the bar code off you phone.
so just writing down the Credit number and PIN number wont work? Is there anyway I can get back to the page with my rebate info on it? Ill go to another computer and print it out if I can....

I kept the window with my iPhone store credit open....and its still there...once I close out of is there anyway I can get back?