can i do this?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bosox097

Jul 1, 2007
ok, so i have verizon, and i have wanted to get an iPhone since they came out. but i really don't want to pay $60 a month. but i did notice that existing AT&T customers only have to pay $20 a month. so i came up with an idea. my contract with verizon ends in march, so when it does, can i switch to AT&T, get a random phone, and then get an iPhone a month later and still pay $20 a month?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well allow me to squelch your plans before you get too excited: There is no discount for existing AT&T customers. In fact, my buddy had an unlimited text perk plan from being an employee at AT&T (when it was Cingular) and it royally screwed up his whole activation process... took a week.... and he lost his "insider" text package in the process.

So.... short answer... no, you can't.

How much do you pay Verizon a month? Do you have a data plan with them?

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
that's not how it works, at all. existing AT&T cusomters only pay $20 MORE on top of their current plan.

...not just flat $20 a month.

bosox097

Jul 1, 2007
oh, i thought it said that it was $20 flat. so what is the cheapest plan AT&T has? because that would still be better than $60 a month.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
oh, i thought it said that it was $20 flat. so what is the cheapest plan AT&T has? because that would still be better than $60 a month.
$60/month is actually cheap in the world of smart phones. This is unlimited data with it as well. Also includes the visual voicemail which is on the carrier side.

If you unlock the phone then you can use T-mobile, which I've heard can be cheaper on the data rate side. Research that if you are interested

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Get the $59.99 plan with unlimited data and 200 text messages. That way you'll be able to take advantage of the visual voicemail. I can't imagine buying this device and not being able to use it to its fullest potential (that is unless you don't have AT&T service in your area).