Can I downgrade from iOS 7, to a iOS that is jailbreakable ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by hmfc-1874, Jun 11, 2013.

1. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Can I downgrade from IOS 7, to a IOS that is jailbreakable ?

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

In the past it has always been the case that once you run a beta you cannot downgrade back to the current version of iOS at all, or at least not without a great deal of difficulty.

3. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

It has been reported that you can downgrade to 6.1.4 only, since it's the only one stil being signed by Apple. But I guess if you're currently jail broken you can save your blobs or whatever and downgrade to what you're currently using again.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No, you can't. Do not use the beta unless you're willing to give up jailbreakability. The blobs don't work anymore. You can only downgrade to the latest firmware, which is not jailbreakable.

5. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

No, ios 7 is not jailbreakable. And I think ios 7 is only available for developers.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He was asking if he could revert to 6.1.2 or earlier after testing the beta.

7. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

Pretty much this. SHSH blobs have been useless for quite some time.

8. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Ah thanks for the replays guys

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid

9. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Europa, when it comes to things like jailbreaking, i always feel you have got something good to say, I am looking for your opinion. My jailbreak has been messed up since adding this source, (i posted it on another thread) anyway a restore is really needed. However I'm in two places, do i restore and rejailbreak my iPhone or upgrade to IOS7 ?

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's difficult for me to say since only you know the the value of your jailbreak. Once you restore, it's gone for good. Once you get to a point where the instability or problems make it not worth the trouble anymore, it's time to move on and restore. I don't recall exactly what problems you're experiencing, but I've been much more conservative in Cydia this time around since this is a one-shot deal. iOS 7 decreases the need for a jailbreak, but there are still a lot of benefits to jailbreaking.

11. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Is an ispw not available for windows?

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

13. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Okay. Don't bother downloading the ipsw from that link then - it won't work without a registered UDID. I've heard there are pre-activated downloads out there that don't require registration, but they can be risky.

15. PinkBanana

PinkBanana Zealot
    Gold

Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones that will HAVE to wait until it's officially released to the masses then. :(

16. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

This is why I don't recommend JB anymore and certainly will no longer donate or pay for any apps. To many things can happen that you lose the JB. Apple is way ahead of the JB crew now, in terms of patching holes. The devs hold onto to their exploits for future versions because they worry they won't find other exploits.