Can I downgrade still?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Jaymas, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaymas

Jaymas New Member

Hi. I have the iPhone 4s and iOS 8.0.2. My brother installed it last week on Thursday. iOS 8 has made my phone slow and glitchy. My phone calls cut out, my phone turns off randomly, I can't text anyone and my apps disappear randomly. I only have 3 apps now because I had to delete the rest because they would close randomly. I know that all the news sites are saying that apple has stopped signing iOS 7 but I need some way to downgrade. Is there a program or jailbreak to help? I am really tech savvy so I can figure it out. Please help!

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't think you can. It's my understanding Apple stopped signing anything 7. You'll have to make do with 8. Maybe the update to 8.1 will help. Otherwise, you'll need to find ways to help your phone run smoothly.
    To help your 4s run as smooth as possible, try these suggestions.
    1. Leave 20% or more of your internal storage space free. This helps to not constrain the system.
    2. Get rid of unnecessary features. Yeah, some are cool, but they will bog down an older model phone.
    3. Disable transparency effects. Toggle on "Increase Transparency" in Accessibility.
    4. Toggle off "Background App Refresh".
    Good luck.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

3. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

Don't know if you can downgrade unless you wipe phone and restore to an earlier backup. Apps will work correctly if you make sure and update them

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple closed the signing window for 7.1.2 on September 26th. You cannot downgrade.

5. Jaymas

Jaymas New Member

Thank you so much! This helped

6. rollinfromhell

Gold

Also if you haven't already, perform a hard reset by holding the home and power buttons. It may get rid of all the nasty errors that are going on that's causing your phone to crash. Good luck man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.