Can I enter contacts manually without having to sync iPhone to PC?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tango

Jun 26, 2007
Please excuse the extreme simple nature of my post, but I just wanted to confirm something with people who knew more about the iPhone than I do...

I've never kept any of my contacts on my computer (I'm a PC user currently.) Then, I heard from someone that you MUST use Outlook/whatever inorder for you to keep phone numers, names and addresses on your iPhone.

Imagine my dread when I heard this.

My question is, it is possible to MANUALLY enter all your contacts without having to sync an iPhone with Outlook/whatever, right? So you don't have sync everything (like your contacts & calendar) with a program on your computer.

I mean, you run into an old friend or something, get their phone number and new address or whatever. What are you suppose to do? Write down the number/address and wait until you can get near a computer where you can put it into outlooks for it to show up on your iPhone? :\ Sounds kinda dumb, no?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyled8888@gmail.com

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Hey buddy, doesn't sound dumb :), no worries. Yes, you will be able to enter information on the fly as well as syncing to your computer. It will go back to your computer from the iPhone when you sync the next time.

miphone

Jun 19, 2007
Herndon, Va
Please excuse the extreme simple nature of my post, but I just wanted to confirm something with people who knew more about the iPhone than I do...

I've never kept any of my contacts on my computer (I'm a PC user currently.) Then, I heard from someone that you MUST use outlooks/whatever inorder for you to keep phone numers, names and addresses on your iPhone.

Imagine my dread when I heard this.

My question is, it is possible to MANUALLY enter all your contacts without having to sync an iPhone with outlooks/whatever, right? So you don't have sync everything (like your contacts & calendar) with a program on your computer.

I mean, you run into an old friend or something, get their phone number and new address or whatever. What are you suppose to do? Write down the number/address and wait until you can get near a computer where you can put it into outlooks for it to show up on your iPhone? :\ Sounds kinda dumb, no?
To answer your question...it IS possible to manually enter in a new contact into the iPhone. I suggest that you start adding your current contacts into outlook or Yahoo to save time later when you have the iPhone.
Hope that helps..:laugh2: