Can I get MMS through Cydia and how?

terrapin

Bronze
Aug 3, 2009
Chicago
I know mms probably won't be rolled out till summers end but,through cydia, is there a way I can get it now?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yes there are ways you can get MMS through Cydia. I'm sure google will help you also.

terrapin

Bronze
Aug 3, 2009
Chicago
I don't know if advising me to google it is really an answer but what the hell. In cydia there's swirlymms for $12 but that price seems steep-does anyone know of a free alternative?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Use the search function in EIC and search for MMS settings in the US (or wherever you are from) a lot of people have said that there getting MMS working properly recently. It's down to an adjustment of your message settings. Take a look and check it out.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:

terrapin

Bronze
Aug 3, 2009
Chicago
Just sort of an aside - I really don't get this "search for it" stuff - Aren't these forums here to ask and answer questions? If you know the answer, why not give it rather than "google it"? When I ask someone at the store where the napkins are, they don't say, "just keep looking, you;ll find em". Sorry but I have never understood this mentality...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Just sort of an aside - I really don't get this "search for it" stuff - Aren't these forums here to ask and answer questions? If you know the answer, why not give it rather than "google it"? When I ask someone at the store where the napkins are, they don't say, "just keep looking, you;ll find em". Sorry but I have never understood this mentality...
My reason for this, (which I know I'm not the only one here who this bothers) is because every single forum that I've been on has random 1 time posters which sponge information because they can't be bothered to look for information on there own.

On the subject of mentality; I cannot understand yours, it's lazy, to be perfectly honest. What harm does it do, to simply type in a search engine to find a solution to your problem. When all else fails, when your really confused, then you ask for help. Do some research first, don't always take the easy route.

If you think I'm wrong then fair enough. I'm just doing what I assume others would do. Imagine if our roles were reversed, I had a lot to learn when I first got on this roller-coaster and I'm still finding things out to this very day.

terrapin

Bronze
Aug 3, 2009
Chicago
It's kinda like Google - You type in specific and get a sh*tload of "matches" that, often times, have something to do with your subject but more often than not, especially if you're not an expert on the matter, you end up reading a bunch of crap that confuses you even more. As for having the roles reversed...I can honestly say that if I am asked a question on other forums and I know the answer, I simply answer it. It's just as easy for me to say do this or do that or to point someone in the right direction as it is for me to type some long winded bs about how that person should search...know what I mean.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks again to Duvi for adding this into this thread (sorry for re-posting the link)

^ this maybe your answer.

Use the settings for this, if your officially on AT&T and it should work.

duvi

Bronze
Jul 19, 2009
In the future
www.twitter.com
No problem terrapin.... I actually found the thread using the search feature (even though I knew where it was) to see if it may be an issue with the search. Cool beans, hope you get it working.