Can I get the iOS 7 camera filters back?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ememisis

Feb 6, 2015
Hi! Is there anyone who knows how to get the old camera filters back that was with ios 7?
i upgraded my phone to ios8, and then the camera and the filters had changed a bit. My favourite one , the yellow "transfer" is not as good as it used to be with ios 7.

Please.. is there someone with the same problem? does anyone know how i can get taht filter back?

I have tried to find some third part apps but with no luck.

Cheers / Emma

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
There are many photo editing apps in the App Store. Try a few free ones and see if one has the filter you like. I don't recall the filters from iOS 7. I use 3rd party cameras and photo editors.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

ememisis

Feb 6, 2015
There are many photo editing apps in the App Store. Try a few free ones and see if one has the filter you like. I don't recall the filters from iOS 7. I use 3rd party cameras and photo editors.

Ive tried many of those photo apps. haven't found any with that filter. well. thank you for your reply

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Ive tried many of those photo apps. haven't found any with that filter. well. thank you for your reply
ProCamera 8 has a lot of those type of filters. It's the camera I use and keep on my dock. It's not free though and has in app purchases for all the filters. They run ProCamera 8 on sale from time to time.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
ProCamera 8 has a lot of those type of filters. It's the camera I use and keep on my dock. It's not free though and has in app purchases for all the filters. They run ProCamera 8 on sale from time to time.

ProCam8 was actually free not too long ago. I picked it up.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
The old iOS 7:
Courtesy: AppleInsider
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424795174.790398.jpg

The new iOS 8:
Courtesy: Me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424796003.273036.jpg

The greenish area in the older image makes the comparison more difficult. There's also a difference in lighting and subject.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)