Can I go back to iOS 7 if dissatisfied with iOS 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2014
With all the speculations going around and all the advices I've been getting against installing iOS 8 my iPhone 4s .
Is there any way i can return back to iOS 7 if i am not satisfied with iOS 8 ?

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
With all the speculations going around and all the advices I've been getting against installing iOS 8 my iPhone 4s .
Is there any way i can return back to iOS 7 if i am not satisfied with iOS 8 ?
Hello all,
The member who has posted this topic is a very good friend of mine. I had advised him not to upgrade to ios 8 even when apple claim iphone 4S is compatible. Can anyone suggest him if he should really go for it ? Also, we both would like to know what is the actual difference between the factory installed ios and a jailbreak ?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

-- iphone5, iphone4 and ipad2-wifi+3G

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
I'd certainly hold off, possibly things 'might' get better sorted out with a subsequent iOS 8.x.x update. Looking at even what would be 'missing' from iOS 8 , as well as the probable issues, it's not worth it now. The one thing which irks me is that iOS 8 arrived on my phone this afternoon, and now takes up a big chunk of my storage, a situation which I gather won't change until/unless I actioned the update.... But since the phone works well, I'll leave it alone !!

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'd certainly hold off, possibly things 'might' get better sorted out with a subsequent iOS 8.x.x update. Looking at even what would be 'missing' from iOS 8 , as well as the probable issues, it's not worth it now. The one thing which irks me is that iOS 8 arrived on my phone this afternoon, and now takes up a big chunk of my storage, a situation which I gather won't change until/unless I actioned the update.... But since the phone works well, I'll leave it alone !!
I was a bit irritated by the amount of free space that was required to install the iOS 8 update. As it is a major update with a number of features, I expected it to be a considerable size but not what it was. As you said, that probably won't change but future updates will be minor and probably bug fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.