Can I have faxes forwarded to my iPhone, possibly as a PDF?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
To have fax's forwarded to my phone? Say in like a PDF file?
There are services that do that.

My work voice mail and faxes are sent to my iPhone as MP3s and PDFs, respectively.

But this isn't really an iPhone feature; I would get those files on a Blackberry, Pre or anything else that can open PDFs.

--
Mike

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
I open PDFs and MP3s that I get in my emails on my iPhone automatically. I have Documents to Go installed and it works great. I only use Hotmail and Yahoo and don't get faxes sent to me that often but it sure would be nice to have that feature specially now that I'm searching for a new job.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
If you're looking for a free service that will accept faxes and send PDFs of the faxes to your email account, check out K7.net. I've used them before. The only catch is that you have to use the account every 30 days or they'll re-assign your number to someone else.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
If you're looking for a free service that will accept faxes and send PDFs of the faxes to your email account, check out K7.net. I've used them before. The only catch is that you have to use the account every 30 days or they'll re-assign your number to someone else.
This will work perfect for me. I don't mind if they change the number because I rarely receive a fax but in the future if I have to I'll just go and set this up. Thanks !

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
Just thought of another reason to get this. If you have some temporary businesss to do you can set it up and get a local number for someone to call and leave you a message. This way you don't have to give them your phone number.

Trevowski

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Oklahoma
www.splatterpb.com
the reason I ask is because my father owns a recovery/repossession businesss, and banks send repo orders through fax to us. It would be nice to have them sent automatically to my father and I. (we both own iPhones) instead of having to make a trip back across town to pick up a physical piece of paper

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
To have fax's forwarded to my phone? Say in like a PDF file?
I use efax which sends my faxes to my iPhone as pdf or several other file types.
Works great.

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
I got Documents to Go for $5 and it has lots of other features. It would work great for what you need. You might find another program that reads your PDFs but after lots of searching this one does that and lots of other things most likely for the same price too. Read this thread on why I bought it and it talks about other programs that sound like a good idea but then you get charged.... :
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...ience-with-these-excel-programs-on-3gs.44659/

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I got Documents to Go for $5 and it has lots of other features. It would work great for what you need. You might find another program that reads your PDFs but after lots of searching this one does that and lots of other things most likely for the same price too. Read this thread on why I bought it and it talks about other programs that sound like a good idea but then you get charged.... :
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...ience-with-these-excel-programs-on-3gs.44659/
You don't need Docs2Go or any other app to open PDFs sent via email.

The iPhone has had that ability since the day it was released.

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
...But this isn't really an iPhone feature; I would get those files on a Blackberry, Pre or anything else that can open PDFs.
I didn't know that since I never received any PDFs until after I got the Docs2Go program. When you said you'd get them on the other models that can open PDFs I thought it was because you couldn't do it on the iPhone without an additional app.