Can I have two iCloud accounts on one iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by EverythingApple, Jul 7, 2014.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I want to be able to access both my work and personal contacts on my iPhone. Can this be done adding another iCloud account? Please help.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It's not possible to have two iCloud accounts on one iPhone. You would need to export and merge the contacts on one of your accounts. They are both on iCloud?

3. EverythingApple

Gold

Yes, they are both on iCloud. I don't mind merging the two. How do I do that?

4. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I'm guessing there are a number of methods. For me, I'm thinking an import export of your Contacts would do the trick rather cleanly. If you're on a Mac, File > Export > Contacts Archive. Using the iCloud account you'd like to merge, do an import and show it that Contact Archive.

Someone might have a better method.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, but there is one limitation - you will only be able to update the contacts for one of the accounts. Log into the first account and turn contact syncing on. Then log out and select keep contacts on phone. Then log into the second account and select merge contacts. If you stay logged into the second account, you can update it with new contacts and edit existing ones, but you won't be able to update contacts for the first account.

6. EverythingApple

Gold

I'm confused. I want to add the contacts from my iMac to my iPhone.
    I'm confused here too.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You said the contacts are in iCloud. Since they are in the cloud, you aren't restricted to accessing them through one device (your Mac). You can access them anywhere you can log into iCloud.

Your best option is to merge them into your primary account. I provided directions for doing this on your phone. You won't have any limitations if you stick with the primary account after that.

8. EverythingApple

Gold

How do I log out of iCloud on my phone? I couldn't find it. Than log in to my iMac iCloud account on my phone?

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's not an iMac iCloud account. It's just a regular iCloud account. I'm going to refer to it as your "work account" since it has your work contacts in it.

Settings > iCloud > scroll to the bottom and select Delete account

Settings > iCloud > Log in

1. Log out (delete account) of iCloud if you are currently logged in with your main/personal acccount. This is the account you are going to keep using, but you need to temporarily log out to merge the contacts.
    2. Select keep contacts on phone.
    3. Login to your work iCloud account and make sure contact syncing is on.
    4. Make sure the work contacts are showing up on the phone.
    5. Log out of the work iCloud account.
    6. Select keep contacts on phone.
    7. Log into your personal iCloud account.
    8. Remain logged in under the personal account and ditch the work account. You only need one account and the contacts are now merged.

10. EverythingApple

Gold

Thank you!

11. EverythingApple

Gold

It worked like a charm! I love this website. Thanks for assisting me @Europa !