can i jail break iPod touch 2g with out voiding warnty

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
No, you cannot. When you modify the device in any way, your warranty is voided. However, if you restore the device, an Apple Store employee may not be able to tell that the device has been jailbroken, should you ever need to have it serviced.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
And still Jailbreak? Absolutely not. Jailbreaking goes against the rules Apple sets forth that you are required to follow for them to honor the warranty.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Wow, this is a smart question hahaha!

How is there gonna be a way around this?
What does JAIL BREAK MEAN?
UUUUH HACKING THROUGH SOFTWARE?!
Do you think Apple is gonna want your JB touch
with all the illegal crap that isn't allowed on it? don't think so!

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
It is true your warranty is void when you jailbreak, but from experience with 1st gen iPOT if you restore to factory settings and restore original firmware they will take it back and replace if within the given first year after purchase.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Yeah, you can do that. But if your reeeaaal stupid, and u take it in with all that jailbroken crap, they can automatically terminate your limited 1 year warranty

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
So in short,

Jailbreaking any Apple device equals a void of warranty.

But.

Restoring the device will erase almost all traces of the jailbreaking process, Rendering the device's freshly restored software visibly untouched.

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Yah, u can turn it in and they MIGHT exchange it but again NOT ALL of the jailbroken crap is removed from the iPhone/iPod. There will be traces of it and they might catch on to you.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Yah, u can turn it in and they MIGHT exchange it but again NOT ALL of the jailbroken crap is removed from the iPhone/iPod. There will be traces of it and they might catch on to you.
Doubt it.
When I had the V1 iPhone, I've gone through 5 or 6 of them and each and every one of mine had been jailbroken and they never "caught on".

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Lucky! I want to exchange mines and make up an excuse y I need a new one but the warranty expired. If I were to return it I would say my uncle gave it to me and since I don't got AT&T I use it as an iPod. But again, the warranty expired :(