Can I limit what gets synced from iTunes to iPhone

Sethro

Jun 17, 2009
Hey, Dudes -

Tomorrow we're getting our 16gss--one for me, one for my wife---we're really psyched!

But I'm wondering--is there a way to limit what from my iTunes library gets imported to the phone when I synch it to my computer? I've got about 2500 songs in my iTunes library, and probably only want a small portion of them imported to the phone--is there any way to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Seth

TxFireman1972

Bronze
Feb 12, 2009
When you sync with the phone you can go in and pick what you want to go to your iPhone, you don't have to put your entire library on there.

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
i check the option that says "sync only checked items" then i go through my library and put checks next to all the albums i want to be on the iPhone..

UFGator

Jul 17, 2007
When you sync with the phone you can go in and pick what you want to go to your iPhone, you don't have to put your entire library on there.
I don't believe that is correct. If you don't have "manage music manually" (or something like that) checked on the main iTunes screen it WILL try to put all your music on your iPhone.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I don't believe that is correct. If you don't have "manage music manually" (or something like that) checked on the main iTunes screen it WILL try to put all your music on your iPhone.
Correct. You need to click "sync only checked items" or something like that.

If you have tons of stuff in your library, you can simply highlight the whole thing and uncheck it and then re-check what you want uploaded. That is what I did.

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
gator and silver, did you not read my post? lol!

:)

Skimball

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
KC
I make playlists and only sync the ones I want on the phone.