can i load music onto my iPhone from a different source other than iTunes and my cd

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
can i load songs onto my iPhone from sources outside of iTunes and a cd without catching a virus? can you catch viruses on your iPhones? is that even possible though? thanks

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
can i load songs onto my iPhone from sources outside of iTunes and a cd without catching a virus? can you catch viruses on your iPhones? is that even possible though? thanks
You can get music from anywhere. Your Mom's old vinyl records if you want. As long as you get them in the proper format and get them into iTunes, you can load them on iPhone. And no, it won't catch a cold.

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
You can get music from anywhere. Your Mom's old vinyl records if you want. As long as you get them in the proper format and get them into iTunes, you can load them on iPhone. And no, it won't catch a cold.

no, i mean "other sources" *hint, hint* talking about illegal downloading here is prohibited

so again, do you think my phone would be fine if i load music from "other sources" not limewire *hint hint* (if u know what i mean) on to my iPhone? what are the chances of it catching a virus? is it possible?

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
It's impossible to get a virus from a music file. The only files that can carry viruses are ones that execute like .exe .bat .com etc.

B

bschizz

no, i mean "other sources" *hint, hint* talking about illegal downloading here is prohibited

so again, do you think my phone would be fine if i load music from "other sources" not limewire *hint hint* (if u know what i mean) on to my iPhone? what are the chances of it catching a virus? is it possible?
*hint, hint* talking about illegal downloading here is prohibited

Then DON'T. You've already been locked once for it.

"what are the chances of it catching a virus? is it possible?"

As others have stated, slim chance, at least from downloading music. However, using such programs can put a virus on your computer, which can end up on your iPhone. It's not likely to be directly from transferring music to your device. I've seen it happen to iPods, and the iPhone would be just as susceptible.

mrgisriel

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
yes, as long as they are in the right format, all you have to do is drag/drop into iTunes and upload :)

Derek Gisriel

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
*hint, hint* talking about illegal downloading here is prohibited

Then DON'T. You've already been locked once for it.

I'm not talking about illegal downloading. what are you talking about? how can i do such a thing? *hint, hint* ;)

ipod classic

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
using such programs can put a virus on your computer, which can end up on your iPhone. It's not likely to be directly from transferring music to your device. I've seen it happen to iPods, and the iPhone would be just as susceptible.

really? so just for having programs like "blahwire" ;) on your computer can be enough to have a virus on your computer and iPhone?

thanks btw