Can I login with personal account, download app and switch back to business account?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Hi Folks,
Got a question for you gurus. I have a personal iPad. I also was issued a work iPad with a company Apple ID. I have some apps on my personal that I would like to get on my work iPad. One app in particular I got free working as a beta tester that is now $139. Its Remote Desktop software. I only use it to get to my personal stuff. So the question is: Can I log into my personal iTunes account, download the app, log out and use the app on the work iPad?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Hi Folks,
Got a question for you gurus. I have a personal iPad. I also was issued a work iPad with a company Apple ID. I have some apps on my personal that I would like to get on my work iPad. One app in particular I got free working as a beta tester that is now $139. Its Remote Desktop software. I only use it to get to my personal stuff. So the question is: Can I log into my personal iTunes account, download the app, log out and use the app on the work iPad?
I had a similar setup, yes you can.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
That's why I'm asking. I want to get the app on both and not have it be deleted from the personal. I'm the only user, I don't think it's unethical. If they were the same iTunes account then no issue. I have it on all my iDevices. If there was not some sort of tracking from Apple, people would be logging in and out with their Apple id on friends devices all the time sharing apps.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It's not unethical - you paid for it. Just don't sync in iTunes or you'll have to reinstall it afterwards.

Last edited:

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I have something similar. My employer purchased an app license for me on my personal iPad under an iTunes account that I don't have the password for. My personal apps and this app live side by side fine unless (as Europa mentioned) I sync with my computer. It then asks me for my work's password, which I don't have and the app is deleted. My employer can reinstall it, but it's a pain to do this all the time. I don't sync anymore, just use iCould OTA backup. It can be done and legal if you have a license for it (which you can legally use this app on five devices with your Apple ID).

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have something similar. My employer purchased an app license for me on my personal iPad under an iTunes account that I don't have the password for. My personal apps and this app live side by side fine unless (as Europa mentioned) I sync with my computer. It then asks me for my work's password, which I don't have and the app is deleted. My employer can reinstall it, but it's a pain to do this all the time. I don't sync anymore, just use iCould OTA backup. It can be done and legal if you have a license for it (which you can legally use this app on five devices with your Apple ID).
So if I have both passwords, there shouldn't be any issues, right? I have both the personal and work account info. The work account has no payment type. I can only get free or apps in the Mobile Iron app.

Sent from iPhone 5 using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So if I have both passwords, there shouldn't be any issues, right? I have both the personal and work account info. The work account has no payment type. I can only get free or apps in the Mobile Iron app.
The only problem is that is will be removed when you sync.