Can I move my downloaded movies from folder to folder only using my phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by blmpclrk, May 26, 2013.

1. blmpclrk

blmpclrk New Member

I am wondering if I can move my downloaded videos (from Universal Downloader) to my "regular" folder (the videos that are there when you hit the VIDEO button on the phone).

I want to watch them on my projector. The audio plays but no video from the projector. I figure that this is because it's in the wrong folder.

Laptop is broken so I have no access to any other way to manipulate things but the phone itself.

I'm figuring that it's not possible, or if it is, it's probably beyond my technical knowledge, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sent using iCafe app

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

In iFile go to var/mobile/media/universal_video_downloader. Find your video, tap on it and choose the App you want to transfer it to.

3. blmpclrk

blmpclrk New Member

Thanks. I've downloaded iFile. I don't see how to move or copy it to the folder that contains videos that normally show up when you open the "videos" app normally. That's where I want them to be. I don't see that option in iFile. Am I missing something? I appreciate your help. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I don't think iFile gives you the option to open files in the stock Videos app, or any stock app for that matter.

Install Bridge from Cydia. Use the file browser in Bridge to navigate to the video you want to import to the stock Video app. Once selected you can edit the title and artwork, then tap the Import button and it's automatically transfered to the Video app. Pretty neat. Sorry for not responding earlier, I forgot I had Bridge installed and just remembered and tested it. :)

For future reference, you should post questions related to jailbreak apps and tweaks in the jailbreak forum. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

You are correct. I store my videos in other apps as a general rule. Thanks for the great tip on Bridge. I was not aware of that one.

Sent Using iCafe App

6. blmpclrk

blmpclrk New Member

I'll give that a go. Thank you both for the help. I apologize for posting in the wrong area. I'm very sorry. I will be careful.

Edit: Wow! Installed Bridge. Works as you say. Fantastic! Thanks again.