can i pay with...

Feb 15, 2008
i know that v1 had to be credit or debit cause of unlocking, but since its activated in store, can i pay with cash because my debit has a $500 limit and i wanted two 16gb for a family plan so ican takeout 200 a day before . or even better by check?

also, will they let me buy the two if im by myself for my fiance? and do you pay activation upfront or 1st bill?

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
i know that v1 had to be credit or debit cause of unlocking, but since its activated in store, can i pay with cash because my debit has a $500 limit and i wanted two 16gb for a family plan so ican takeout 200 a day before . or even better by check?

also, will they let me buy the two if im by myself for my fiance? and do you pay activation upfront or 1st bill?
i know you can buy up to three phones by yourself, activation i believe is in the store as you activate, those are the only questions i can answer for you

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I can't imagine why AT&T and/or Apple wouldn't let you pay in cash for the new 3G because of the in store activation. The only reason they didn't accept cash before was so that they could trace the iPhones that were potentially going to be unlocked.

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
I can't imagine why AT&T and/or Apple wouldn't let you pay in cash for the new 3G because of the in store activation. The only reason they didn't accept cash before was so that they could trace the iPhones that were potentially going to be unlocked.
they still might not, they wouldn't even let me by headphones in the Apple store with cash so there has to be another reason why the want credit cards

nyc09

Jun 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
According to the information that Apple released a few days ago, there will be a limit of "one iPhone per person on line."

Try to bring your fiance with you to make sure you get two! :-\

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
According to the information that Apple released a few days ago, there will be a limit of "one iPhone per person on line."

Try to bring your fiance with you to make sure you get two! :-\
are you sure because im fairly sure i remember reading three could be bought in line per person

hellspawn2

Bronze
Feb 4, 2008
C-bus
are you sure because im fairly sure i remember reading three could be bought in line per person
Ya it says only one per person in line on the "getting iPhone ready" sheet. Im in the same boat so im bringing my daughter to get the other one.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I agree with Phil; it's most likely they'll accept cash, now that unlocking won't be as large of an issue with in-store activation.

- John

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
The day a businesss stops accepting cash, is a very sad day indeed.:sick: They had better accept cash or else I will rage on them.:p

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
They'll take cash for the phones and the possible deposit, but the activation fee will be on your first bill.