Can I send email via WiFi ? Please Help

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Hey All,
I did do a search first but couldnt find the answer to my question. I am just syncing my email that I get through my Outlook2007. I don't use Edge or anything like that. I just sync what my laptop has already downloaded or I use the Wifi to download new email from my pop mail. I have the same settings in Outgoing Mail server as Incoming Mail server but I cannot reply or send an email when I am on wifi. Is it just not possible or have I set up something wrong. I would greatly appreciate anyones input or help.
Thanks very much in advance.:laugh2:

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Hey All,
I did do a search first but couldnt find the answer to my question. I am just syncing my email that I get through my Outlook2007. I don't use Edge or anything like that. I just sync what my laptop has already downloaded or I use the Wifi to download new email from my pop mail. I have the same settings in Outgoing Mail server as Incoming Mail server but I cannot reply or send an email when I am on wifi. Is it just not possible or have I set up something wrong. I would greatly appreciate anyones input or help.
Thanks very much in advance.:laugh2:
Go back into your email settings (iPhone). Outgoing Mail Server- enter your password for all accounts. This same thing happened to me and that was the fix that worked.

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
scandalex,
I have both incoming mail and outgoing mail settings with the same username and password and from what I can see that is the only passwords in the mail set up. Am I missing something?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
scandalex,
I have both incoming mail and outgoing mail settings with the same username and password and from what I can see that is the only passwords in the mail set up. Am I missing something?

You need to get the same exact settings and password for incoming and outgoing that is on your computer and put the very same on the iPhone. If your computer works, so does the iPhone.