Can I share ringtones from other phones to iPhone using Bluetooth?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 6, 2007
Ok I finally got my iPhone the other day and I'm very pleased with it,but I was just wondering if it could connect to other phones with Bluetooth. My razr was able to find the iPhone but every time I try to connect it says service not supported. I have some really good ringtones and pictures on my razr but is there another way to get them on my iPhone? Thanks in advance.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
Ok I finally got my iPhone the other day and I'm very pleased with it,but I was just wondering if it could connect to other phones with Bluetooth. My razr was able to find the iPhone but every time I try to connect it says service not supported. I have some really good ringtones and pictures on my razr but is there another way to get them on my iPhone? Thanks in advance.

Nope - iPhone bluetooth may as well not be there. It does headset audio (sorta) and that's it. You'll have to go round the houses from RAZR to pc to iTunes to iPhone

Nov 6, 2007
thanks but how can I send ringtones to my iPhone? through iTunes as well? because I have a few ringtones saved on my old phone that I really want. thanks

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
thanks but how can I send ringtones to my iPhone? through iTunes as well? because I have a few ringtones saved on my old phone that I really want. thanks
You have to convert the ringtone to AAC (use iTunes to do this), then find the file you've just created , rename the extension from m4a to m4r and then open it back up in iTunes. This puts it in the Ringtones section, and then Sync.

This only works with the latest firmware 1.1.2 though. You need to upgrade if you're not on the latest version for this to work.