Can I still receive calls if iPhone is in sleep mode?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 6, 2007
United States
Lol I was gonna put this in the FAQ section but thought it may be easier to read here. Just a few questions:

1. I assume that when you put it to sleep and put it in your pocket, you will still be able to receive messages, calls, etc. My first question is whether or not you can keep listening to music while it is asleep and in your pocket.

2. Has anyone heard the specifics of the included headphones? Are they relatively good sound quality? The iPod ones were okay but not great.

Thanks, and feel free to answer and ask more questions as you wish, as I will too.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Im sure that the battery life is longer with just music because there are no lights on. As for the headphones im sure they will either be stock or have a microphone on them a little lower than the ear.

May 6, 2007
United States
Im sure that the battery life is longer with just music because there are no lights on. As for the headphones im sure they will either be stock or have a microphone on them a little lower than the ear.
Thanks, but I was more asking whether the music will keep playing, not how long it will last, when in your pocket.

And yeah, I know they do have a microphone on them, but I don't know much else.

Thanks for the quick reply.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Im sure the music will keep playing but maybe everything else will be off. I don't know though only time will tell.

May 6, 2007
United States
Im sure the music will keep playing but maybe everything else will be off. I don't know though only time will tell.
Yeah, I thought so too. I am SURE you can still get calls, though. It would just be dumb to not be able to get calls while it is in sleep.

Just thought of another question:

How would you move your contacts from a phone, like my RAZR, to the iPhone? Would you do it through Cingular? I know they can do something with the SIM card, and I have also heard that you can do it through your computer and a program, but I do not currently have the USB cable for my phone.

Any help?

Thanks.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Well if it is stored on your sim than you can just pop it into the iPhone. As for the computer if you have a usb to mini usb im sure it would work.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
How would you move your contacts from a phone, like my RAZR, to the iPhone? Would you do it through Cingular? I know they can do something with the SIM card, and I have also heard that you can do it through your computer and a program, but I do not currently have the USB cable for my phone.
Motorola has a program to allow you to sync your phone with your PC. It works with their USB cable or via bluetooth if your PC and Phone both have that. I used it with my old phone (V551) and it works pretty well. The only downside is the program is not free. If I remember right it is $30.

May 6, 2007
United States
Thanks for the fast and great responses, guys.

I have more questions lol. I love this site with all the info and answers.

1. Has anyone found a "What's in the box" kinda thing for the iPhone?

I would imagine that there is no such thing yet, but if anyone can find it or something like it, that would be great.

2. Anyone know if there is a way to make a Yahoo! Mail account (so you can get the free push mail on iPhone) and make it so that your AOL/ Gmail account will automatically forward emails to the Yahoo! Mail account?

This would help so that you don't have to tell everyone your new email address and such.

Thanks.

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
There was a "mock unboxing" Id assume what was in there was:

iPhone
USB cable
Manuals
earbuds
Maybe headset/earbud combo.
_ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Complimentary iTunes
the extra 250 dollars you spent to buy the iPhone

Well not those last 2

May 6, 2007
United States
There was a "mock unboxing" Id assume what was in there was:

iPhone
USB cable
Manuals
earbuds
Maybe headset/earbud combo.
_ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Complimentary iTunes
the extra 250 dollars you spent to buy the iPhone

Well not those last 2
Again, thanks for the quick response. Lol, like 10 posts in 20 mins :D

I was thinking there will likely be a cleaning cloth in the box, as well.

Anything about the email forwarding stuff yet?

Thanks.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
They would just about have to come with some sort of stereo headset/mic deal similar to the ones that come with the ROKR and the SLVR. That way you can take a call when listening to the iPod feature.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
They would just about have to come with some sort of stereo headset/mic deal similar to the ones that come with the ROKR and the SLVR. That way you can take a call when listening to the iPod feature.
Steve said during the keynote that the iPhone would come with headphones just as you describe. Here is a screen cap showing the headphones (the little box on the cord is the mic as well as a button to answer calls):

May 6, 2007
United States
Steve said during the keynote that the iPhone would come with headphones just as you describe. Here is a screen cap showing the headphones (the little box on the cord is the mic as well as a button to answer calls):
Yep, that's the pic I was looking for. Thanks.

Anything on the email forwarding stuff lol? I am being impatient :D

Bootlessjam

Bronze
Apr 15, 2007
as for the "what's in the box?" I found this site that has a list of the things in the box:

What's in the box?
  • Instruction Manual
  • Mains Charger
  • Stereo Headset
  • USB Cable
  • Software CD