Can I still recover my files?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 23, 2007
I have a jailbroken 1.11 iPhone, and I had uninstalled SummerBoard because it was giving me some errors. I was going to reinstall it, but I noticed it was still there in the installer as "installed". I tried to uninstall, but got a "Main Script Execution Failed" error.

I decided to download Mobile Finder and delete var/root/Library/Summerboard and also delete the Framework folder for Summerboard. After I did that, my phone won't boot up. I just get stuck on the black background with the white Apple logo.

My question is: If I get Tansee iPhone transfer will I be able download my notes, photos and music from the iPhone to my hard drive ? I really need the notes badly and my photos. I don't really care too much about the music (I can always get it back from iTunes).

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I have a jailbroken 1.11 iPhone, and I had uninstalled SummerBoard because it was giving me some errors. I was going to reinstall it, but I noticed it was still there in the installer as "installed". I tried to uninstall, but got a "Main Script Execution Failed" error.

I decided to download Mobile Finder and delete var/root/Library/Summerboard and also delete the Framework folder for Summerboard. After I did that, my phone won't boot up. I just get stuck on the black background with the white Apple logo.

My question is: If I get Tansee iPhone transfer will I be able download my notes, photos and music from the iPhone to my hard drive ? I really need the notes badly and my photos. I don't really care too much about the music (I can always get it back from iTunes).
Why don't you download the software and try it? It allows you to transfer several pics for free before buying it. I don't know about notes

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The short answer I don't think so. Unless that program does some kind of low level access to the iPhone over USB it's doubtful it will work. I don't know as I've never used the app.

You might try iPHUC and see if you can get it into recovery mode to pull off some files. That's the best I can suggest.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
The problem with any of these solutions is they probably requires the iPhone to be up and running and not stuck at the Apple screen. That makes the problem much more complex as you can't use the OS of the iPhone to assist in the transfer of anything.