Can I stream movies from iPhone 4s to Apple TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by Mendo88, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Mendo88

Mendo88 New Member

I'm thinking of purchasing one of these. I have an iPhone 4S and have purchased several movies and TV series on it. Will I be able to stream these from my 4S to ATV to my main TV at home? And is it the same with music?

Thanks in advance

2. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

As long as your TV is an HDTV and your Apple TV is the 2nd-gen model, then yes you'll be able to use AirPlay to stream movies, music, photos etc to the TV.

3. Mendo88

Mendo88 New Member

OK thanks for your help.

4. lemoon

lemoon Member
    Bronze

Go for it, it's $99, it's worth it I think.
    Well, you can put the iPad video to TV, and stream many videos&movies to it. Now the Apple TV is working as my family home movies centre very well with handbrake and iFunia's help...
    And for more Apple TV 2 info, this wiki might do some help: http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/AppleTV_2

5. lowram00

lowram00 Member
    Bronze

I was thinking about getting one also can ask question how good the video if I have buy the movie in SD since some HD movies just rent?

6. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I have videos in both HD and SD. Plus I have rented several. I haven't seen a video quality loss. In fact the only video quality issue I have had, is some on Netflix. However, that seems to have be ironed out, because this past month it has not been blurry at all.