Can i sync my iCloud calendar with my wifes phone as well?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chaug09

Oct 13, 2011
we both have the iPhone 4 with latest ios 5 update. i want to be able to share the same calendar on our phones so we can both add/edit it and view it from our phones... is this possible?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
we both have the iPhone 4 with latest ios 5 update. i want to be able to share the same calendar on our phones so we can both add/edit it and view it from our phones... is this possible?
Setting up iCloud requires you use an Apple ID (email). Since there are other services included with iCloud, sharing an account could present problems. I guess you could turn off all of the other services, use a standard non-iCloud account, but then sync that Apple ID with Calendars.

iCloud-sync.jpg

I bet you could find a 3rd party app that might do the trick. I don't know of one off hand, but perhaps someone will jump in this thread and offer up a suggestion.

Last edited:

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have multiple calendars on my iPhone. I have a work, personal and there are calendars with gmail & hotmail. Perhaps you and your wife could share a gmail account and use the calendar only. I know this works between devices because I use an iPad in addition to my iPhone and all stays in sync.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

gotzaiPhone

Zealot
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Yes, it's easy.

Go to iCloud.com and enter the calendar section. On left side where it lists your calendars, you'll see a little circle "rss feed" type icon. Click on that and it will give you the option to share your calendar with a contact. You can either let the contact edit the calendar or just view it.

Once you've done that, Apple will send an email to your wife's .me account. She goes on her phone/pad/mac or what ever and follows the directions in the email. The iDevice will then automatically set up that calendar in her calendar app. And that's it. Anything you add will be added to her phone within 30 seconds.

You can also share a reminder list. My wife and I share a "shopping list" list and it works great too.

Good luck.

nan

May 22, 2010
I have set up my calendar to sync with my hubby's iPhone no problem. Yet he updates his calendar and it does not sync with mine? What do I have to do?

Sent using iCafe app

Jul 13, 2011
I have set up my calendar to sync with my hubby's iPhone no problem. Yet he updates his calendar and it does not sync with mine? What do I have to do?

Sent using iCafe app
Make sure that your husband is updating the correct calendar (i.e. he has multiple calendars and his default calendar account is set to a calendar which is other than the shared one).

If your husband uses an iDevice, he should go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and under the "Calendars" section to check the "Default Calendar" .