Can i sync my iCloud calendar with my wifes phone as well?

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Chaug09, May 6, 2012.

1. Chaug09

Chaug09 New Member

we both have the iPhone 4 with latest ios 5 update. i want to be able to share the same calendar on our phones so we can both add/edit it and view it from our phones... is this possible?

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Setting up iCloud requires you use an Apple ID (email). Since there are other services included with iCloud, sharing an account could present problems. I guess you could turn off all of the other services, use a standard non-iCloud account, but then sync that Apple ID with Calendars.

iCloud-sync.jpg

I bet you could find a 3rd party app that might do the trick. I don't know of one off hand, but perhaps someone will jump in this thread and offer up a suggestion.

#2 chris, May 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  3. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have multiple calendars on my iPhone. I have a work, personal and there are calendars with gmail & hotmail. Perhaps you and your wife could share a gmail account and use the calendar only. I know this works between devices because I use an iPad in addition to my iPhone and all stays in sync.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

5. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

Yes, it's easy.

Go to iCloud.com and enter the calendar section. On left side where it lists your calendars, you'll see a little circle "rss feed" type icon. Click on that and it will give you the option to share your calendar with a contact. You can either let the contact edit the calendar or just view it.

Once you've done that, Apple will send an email to your wife's .me account. She goes on her phone/pad/mac or what ever and follows the directions in the email. The iDevice will then automatically set up that calendar in her calendar app. And that's it. Anything you add will be added to her phone within 30 seconds.

You can also share a reminder list. My wife and I share a "shopping list" list and it works great too.

Good luck.

6. nan

nan New Member

I have set up my calendar to sync with my hubby's iPhone no problem. Yet he updates his calendar and it does not sync with mine? What do I have to do?

Sent using iCafe app

7. k62

k62 New Member

Hoping I cloud is best way to download

Sent using iCafe app

8. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

Make sure that your husband is updating the correct calendar (i.e. he has multiple calendars and his default calendar account is set to a calendar which is other than the shared one).

If your husband uses an iDevice, he should go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and under the "Calendars" section to check the "Default Calendar" .

9. nan

nan New Member

Thanks for all your help.

Sent using iCafe app