Can I sync my iPhone to more than one computer?

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Tonight the laptop i have my iTunes on started acting up. I didn't have a backup of my iTunes so i copied everything put it on my wifes laptop so i have all my songs and ringtones in case this one crashes.

My question is can you only sync to one computer? or if i try it on both will it erase the phone and sync back with whats on laptop #2 ?

edit: i also noticed just now that my cdrom drive isn't working its not even showing up . Is it possible to back up iTunes i mean everything to a thumb drive? i mean so if i have to use my wifes laptop i can sync it to hers and not lose my contacts etc...

thank you

jlhollander

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
you can manually back up everything to a thumb drive, but you can not use iTunes back up feature to do that. If you use the iTunes back up feature you must use the optical drive.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
I went in to my computer, went to my music , and loaded my iTunes folder to a thumb drive then moved it to the other laptop.

I just need to figure out how to move my contacts from outlook express on this one to outlook on the other one.

I have all my photos, ring tones and music moved just need to do my contacts now