Can I transfer and read eBooks that I have stored on my computer on the iPhone

drakoniss

Aug 13, 2008
Hi!
I've recently purchased my iPhone 3g and I was wondering if there was a way to transfer and read eBooks that i have stored in my computer on the iPhone. All of them are in PDF format. Is there software I can install that will read PDF?
I know that Fictionwise has their iPhone software Ereader, and it works with eBooks you purchase from them directly, but it's not compatible with existing content in pdf format that I already have in my computer. I know i can also upload my eBooks to Readdle.com and then read them from there on the iPhone, but it's uncomfortable and not very convenient. Is there anything that anyone knows of that i can do in this case?

Thank you in advance,
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
Hi!
I've recently purchased my iPhone 3g and I was wondering if there was a way to transfer and read eBooks that i have stored in my computer on the iPhone. All of them are in PDF format. Is there software I can install that will read PDF?
I know that Fictionwise has their iPhone software Ereader, and it works with eBooks you purchase from them directly, but it's not compatible with existing content in pdf format that I already have in my computer. I know i can also upload my eBooks to Readdle.com and then read them from there on the iPhone, but it's uncomfortable and not very convenient. Is there anything that anyone knows of that i can do in this case?

Thank you in advance,
the only apps i found are files, datacase and other apps like the two. they don't provide great readers for pdf files but its not terrible and seems to be the only option. Right now datacase seems to be fairly easy to use, Files isn't too bad either.

drakoniss

Aug 13, 2008
the only apps i found are files, datacase and other apps like the two. they don't provide great readers for pdf files but its not terrible and seems to be the only option. Right now datacase seems to be fairly easy to use, Files isn't too bad either.
Thank you!

bspooky

Jul 21, 2008
Hi!
I've recently purchased my iPhone 3g and I was wondering if there was a way to transfer and read eBooks that i have stored in my computer on the iPhone. All of them are in PDF format. Is there software I can install that will read PDF? []

Stanza is one awesome ebook reader. I think you may have to use your pc to wirelessly get the file to the iPhone, but it is VERY easy if you have the stanza desktop app for the Mac. I think you may be able to browse to a website and dnld too....you def. can with feedbooks.com, but I think you can your own website (or something like google docs maybe).

Not sure the iPhone qpp reads pdfs natively, but check it out as it may. Th desktop version does, and it can then transfer it to the iPhone in a format that can be read.

drakoniss

Aug 13, 2008
Thank you so much!

I will definitely donwnload the application, I am very excited about it! I think it's available for free from Apple Store, so I am going to install it right now.
Thanks again for your reply:)

Stanza is one awesome ebook reader. I think you may have to use your pc to wirelessly get the file to the iPhone, but it is VERY easy if you have the stanza desktop app for the Mac. I think you may be able to browse to a website and dnld too....you def. can with feedbooks.com, but I think you can your own website (or something like google docs maybe).

Not sure the iPhone qpp reads pdfs natively, but check it out as it may. Th desktop version does, and it can then transfer it to the iPhone in a format that can be read.