can i uninstall an app through SSH?

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
my iPhone is shot right now. I think i know the problem but right now my phone is not really reacting. I can turn it on and unlock the screen, i can even open an app but once i open something i cant do anything further like scroll, type, or anything. i can hit the home key and it brings me home and i can again click on an app or settings or something, but once something opens it doesn't react.

This just happened this morning and i think its because i am running caterpillar and i turned off the wallpaper so i can run Vwallpaper. once i rebooted this happened. I uninstalled vwallpaper and rebooted but it didn't help and i cant uninstall caterpillar bc the icon disappeared from my homescreen. I cant readjust the settings bc the phone is non reactive when i open settings. and when i open installer it doesn't allow me to scroll or click on different tabs.

So i am hoping i can uninstall caterpiller via SSH and avoid doing a restore. I am on JB 1.1.3

mletang

Bronze
Jan 23, 2008
NYC
www.NYCpetforum.com
forget that idea, i just realized i cant turn on wifi. i cant select anything once i open a program like settings or even bossprefs. Any ideas?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
when you press sleep, does the screen turn off?

if not, that is the one tap syndrome.

keep resetting it, and then eventually you will have control once more, then go to installer and download a program called killBoard, and then after that, when it is installed, and if that happens again, just tap that program, and it will respring your phone, and the problem will be solved.

hasn't happened to me lately.