Can I Unlock/Jailbreak without activation? (1.1.4)

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
Hey guys, I just got a used 8GB 1.1.4 version phone. Is there any way to bypass the ATT activation to unlock/jailbreak? I know this info is probably somewhere here on the board but I couldn't find it through search. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, WM

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
hey, yes there is and it`s very simple, a method is using ziPhone 3.0 i personally think this is the best and easyest way, here is a step by step video tutorial, you should have looked more trough the forum i posted this a lot of times

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I just got a used 8GB 1.1.4 version phone. Is there any way to bypass the ATT activation to unlock/jailbreak? I know this info is probably somewhere here on the board but I couldn't find it through search. Any info would be helpful. Thanks, WM
Yes. I've used ZiPhone 3.0. Once you load the GUI, click the Advanced Options bar at the bottom of the Window, uncheck "Activate" and then click Perform Actions.

Done.

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
Thanks a lot man. Yeah, should have dug a bit deeper! So will I need a sim card in my phone to do all this or can I without one?

wmflyfisher

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Athens, GA
Thanks Kaba. Just downloaded ZiPhone. Would it be good to activate anyways even if I don't plan on using the phone myself?