Can I upgrade to 1.1.3 without locking, bricking my phone?

romiy2k

Oct 18, 2007
Hey guys romi here just had a question for u guys I have an unlocked iPhone running 1.1.2 and its jailbroken. My question is, is there anyway to upgrade as of yet to 1.1.3 without locking my phone and bricking it? Cause I really need the multiple SMS feature so if u guys have any idea how I can get around please give me a hand thank u in advance and even if I lose my 3rd party apps thats fine I just want 1.1.3 but unlocked thanks again.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I wouldn't do it yet. If you're running a modded firmware, I would wait until you hear something from the software modding forums.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I wouldn't do it yet. If you're running a modded firmware, I would wait until you hear something from the software modding forums.
Agreed. I think I'm going to wait until the dev team develops a jailbreak for 1.1.3 before I update. Now, if 1.1.3 had included copy & paste (which is a crime -- a lot of smart phones have copy & paste), I might have been tempted to update.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
dude seriously with the copy and paste lol

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Well, you went this long without multiply SMS. It won't hurt to wait a little longer. I wonder if you could just swap some program files to get the SMS update.

One thing I have to say is, if they don't come out with MMS they do need to come out with Cut and Paste. I am tired having to look for paper and pencil the write down the info to access my MMS and then I can't even forward it.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
I don't know why all you guys complain. I haven't had a single situation yet where I would have used copy and paste.

Just kidding, I miss it everyday! Come on Apple where's that 'Innovation'?

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Romiy, if all you want is the SMS forwarding AND you're already running 112 jailbroken, all you have to do is hop over to installer and download SMSd....problem solved!

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Download SMSD from the installer! Multiple text and forward all you want.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
dude seriously with the copy and paste lol
If I'm interpreting your post correctly, you're damned right I'm obsessive about copy & paste. I don't need wriggly icons to customize my home screen, or faux GPS to tell me where I am. I do need copy & paste to make web surfing easier, and to be able to transfer information and text between applications easily...

Enough with the eye candy and fluff. Give use something useful...

dave13

Jan 14, 2008
ever since i downloaded 1.1.3 when i type with the iPhone the keyboard click volume is very low and also when i slide to unlock the phone the sound is also low....anyone have the same problem and solution

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
First make sure the volume is up all the way, and restart the phone. (Turn off, turn on.)

Then do this, a trick we here at ECI have been doing:
Take a sewing needle and find the speaker on the bottom of the phone. It is on the left, not the right. Take the needle and pock about 1/8" trough the holes in the speaker. This will pierce will dust cover, and provides for much louder volume.

- John